FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

FESTIVE SEASON STRUGGLES

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Season's Greetings everyone.

We have a lovely cheery Christmas and New Years thread started up in the Social Zone. Hope you can drop by there and share some joy and happiness.

This is the alternate thread, where you can share the not so pleasant memories of Christmas or the concerns you may have for Christmas 2016.

For me, my depressive brain decides to hassle me about Christmas in November! That is so unnecessary! I need to break this habit!

So on this thread you can share the negative and hopefully find a positive at the end.

You might like to share what the worst present was that you ever received, or how sad and miserable you are at Christmas.

By sharing, we may well be able to help and support each other through a time that can be very tough for some.

This is the place to vent, the thread on the Social Zone is also waiting for you to add your happy thoughts and memories of Christmas and New Years.

Thinking of you all, hugs from Mrs. Dools

christmas-candles

244 Replies 244

kombitop
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm just new to this, registering the other day. I feel the same as a lot of other posts..........finding this time of year especially alone and lonely. Don't have friends or family, and feel so isolated. Need some kind of support network, so hoping this can help me.

Thanks

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi kombitop and welcome,

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. You are never 'alone' here, so many wonderful people willing to help. Have you started your own thread where you can share your story? More people will see it and be able to respond. You can also join in in other threads if you wish.

cmf x

kombitop
Community Member
Hi cmf, and thanks for the welcome. No, I haven't started my own thread. Not sure how to navigate around the forums/site yet. I do hope there are some people here to help, and your response is a good start. This was the thread that caught my eye.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Kombitop,

You're welcome. If you go to the tab tat says 'all posts' you will find numerous forum topics ie welcome/orientation, depression, anxiety etc. when you choose one you will see a option on the right hand side to start a new thread. Of course if you want to browse though other threads and join in you can do that too.

Hope this helps.

cmf 🙂

Hi kombitop,

Welcome to the community here! It took me a while to work out how to navigate my way around the forum, I am rather technologically challenged. Ha. Ha. Hope you get the hang of it soon.

Good thing you have already received some instructions and help from cmf, I would not be much use to you in that respect!

As cmf mentioned, feel free to join in with any thread or create your own if you are up to it. The social zone is a good place for casual chats about all kinds of general things as well.

Hope you have had an okay kind of a day!

Cheers for now from Dools

kombitop
Community Member

Hi Dools, how are you?

I'll keep trying to navigate my way around, thanks. Where's the "social zone" ? Have not seen it as yet. Yes, a better day today, thanks.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Kombitop,

if you click on the tab that says 'all posts' you will find BB SocialZone. It is the second one under the first 'Forums' heading.

hope this helps

cmf x

Hi Kombitop, I went through exactly the same thing this year (absolutely the worst Xmas and New Year ever). What I'm finding now though is that it's behind me and now that the so called festive season is over I'm looking forward to a better new year.

We're surrounded by at least a month worth of Xmas and new year preamble about how it's a great time to be with friends and family. It's simply not for everyone; certainly not for me. I think a healthy approach is to try and see the time as just another day on the calendar for you if it can't be a 'special' day.

Family, you can't change; some are terrible some are great, some aren't there at all. When you fell like crap or have been through a lot it can be hard to open up with friends. For me it's really hard. It's easier to withdraw and push people away. Thing is, there are people out there who do really care and who do understand. I haven't been here long either, but get the feeling you will find many kind souls here.

One thing I've learnt over the years is that everyone has there own baggage. I've met so many people who have gone through some terrible situations (myself included). You're certainly not alone and I wish you the best.

Hi there YoYo Steve

I agree with you about the Xmas crap - it's unbearable, insensitive, cruel and unnecessary. The fallout damage is usually unseen but can do immense harm. I loathe that time of year. whew...it's over...thank God it's over!

Mauzy
Community Member
I couldn't agree more, I'm so happy it's over for another year, which is a bit sad, but as mentioned before, it's not for everyone. Very hard when it's thrust down your throat from September, thanks to marketing "genius's". I'm just so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way especially when feeling blue.