FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling down due to fatigue & undiagnosed health issues

Elizabeth CP
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I haven't been using the forums much apart from a couple of responses to others posts. I stopped as I was too busy & trying to keep up with the forums was becoming too stressful. In September My husband went to Europe which was great although tiring due to the pace of the tour we did. Unfortunately a few days before returning home I fell heavily on concrete steps hurting my right side. I continued on relying on icepacks to manage the pain. I couldn't sleep because of the pain when lying down. The last day I came down with a bad cold which developed into a chest infection later on. The pain eased after 6 weeks & I recovered from the chest infection but have ongoing problems with fatigue & abdominal discomfort. My GP arranged pathology tests. The blood tests are normal but urine isn't. Today I was sent for a ultrasound of kidneys & bladder. Next week I have a gastroscopy & colonoscopy. My stress levels seem to be escalating out of proportion each time I see the GP & get sent for more tests. Prior to my accident my mental health issues were settling down but the last week it is much worse. I have lost my temper a few times in the last week without much provocation. This is not normal for me. I have been on a diet for several months but I am now finding it really hard to stick to it I just want to go & eat food I know will make me feel worse. The diet is a healthy one which I normally find easy to stick to because the food is satisfying.

I just want to get back on track & feel in control of my life & not feel so stressed & down. I also feel guilty for feeling this way because There is no confirmation of a serious illness.

974 Replies 974

Guest_1055
Community Member

Hi Elizabeth, I just read a post you wrote somewhere else. You do sound so worried. I do wish I could say or do something so you wouldn't feel as you do.

Can you think of anything to get your thoughts and heart onto something else, even if it is for a short while.

You have mentioned that you have been to church before. Can you read through the psalms or listen to them somehow. Or find verses where God speaks about being anxious or worried.

Or maybe have a soak in your bath.

Just anything to calm yourself down some

Thanks for your thoughts. I am waiting to find out whether my husband will be sent home tonight so I need to wait up for the hospital to call. It is really scary.

Dear Elizabeth ⚘

Hi hun I feel sorry you have so much on your plate it would be a worry about hubby at anytime the poor man and you too you're a team. I hope he comes home tonight for peace of mind.

I completely get your concerns when he's in hospital geez that's awful bad luck having a rare condition.

Chances are you do anyway but I was wondering if talking to the num (nursing unit manager) if they're still called that could help or when your Dr is fully versed if he could contact them.

It's a lot to go through eh lovey. Know you have many people here that care very much about your welfare and hubbys too.

That doesn't sound at all good the previous Dr talking how they did to you. No doubt would have been quite upsetting.

With so much going on dear lady I hope there's some good things going on in your life too that even momentarily give you some pleasure wether memories or something close b6 sparking good feelings that you certainly deserve.

Thoughts and care hun 😊

How is your dear hubby now?

My hsb was discharged at 130am this morning after lots of tests not showing anything significant. He was extremely cold. They double checked the thermometers they were using but they were working OK. They tried to get his temp back up to normal without success. I am exhausted after so little sleep. He is feeling better today. than yesterday but still needs to rest and recover. Tiredness is making me feel really down and struggling to do much.

Are you able just to rest up some then Elizabeth

That is good hey, that you hubby is feeling better.

Hey Elizabeth Shelly and all ☺

Good hearing hubbys back home I imagine that'd be a relief for you.

Didn't sound great him being cold hope that's adjusted somehow wow.

Yeah not good you being so tired poor lady. Everythings so much harder isnt it.

As Shells said is there any way you can catch a nap hun.

As zany as it sounds but true is exercise I find walking even a short distance can bring on energy. Even at times just movements worked.

Care ⚘

Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been quite down and anxious. Worrying about my hsb and the covid situation. I don8have any resilien e so little things really affect me. I struggle with motivation as things seem pointless. My hsb has recovered from the chest infection but has had a few bad episodes of coughing choking etc and difficulty eating or drinking. That really worries me. The onging stress is leaving me exhausted. Even doing thing I normally enjoy seem an effort and leave me exhausted instead of refreshed. The recent hot weather has been difficult to cope with. I need to go to the shops but worry about if it is safe or how I'll cope. This is not normal for me. I'm scared of encountering crowds of people which didn't used to be an issue. I just wish I could feel better.

Elizabeth

I think it is natural for you to worry as you have so much on your plate health wise. How is your husband.Is there any way you can get respite care or some help with the exhaustion.

Thinking of you.