FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling desperate to make this stop

Lilly99
Community Member
Hi there, this is my first post which is really scary. Anyway I am not good feeling really depressed and anxious . I have tried everything psychiatrists, psychologists. Mental health nurses. Medication , I even spent 4 weeks in mental hospital to have tms which obviously didn’t work . Anyway feeling like life isn’t worth living . I feel like I have had enough of this battle called life . No matter what I try nothing works . I couldn’t be more of a joke and a waste of space really what’s the point I am never going it get better . Do people ever truly get better?
675 Replies 675

Hi Lilly,

I have been following along and I felt like there was nothing I could offer you but I can't not say something.

I feel like I've known you for years, Like we're old friends.
I am going to be posting on this thread everyday to check in with you.
I'm not a professional but I still care.

The people responding to you want to help, they want you to keep fighting. We all care.

You think no one will care if youre not here anymore, but I can promise you I WILL CARE.

I know youre struggling, I know you dont see a point to it anymore. But please, stay strong, keep posting. Please.

I am sending you you as much love and strength and compassion as I can muster.

YP

Lilly99
Community Member

Hi Jojo ,

Thank you so much . You are so caring .

i don’t think there is any point seeing anyone . Really what can anyone do.

I think no one can save me from myself. I have secrets from the past that I will take to my grave.

Not even sure that’s really the problem. I just don’t want to be around anymore. I think it’s a accumulation of a lot of things. I feel overwhelmed like I can’t breath. It’s like I have no more to give .

I can’t live with thinking anymore it’s too painful. Like I said something died in me a long time ago .

Lilly

Hi Lilly99,

Thanks for posting this evening. We're glad you feel safe to share with our community so they can support you. We're commenting to let you know that we've asked our Support Service to reach out via email to provide you some extra support. Please reply, so they can help you find the support you need.

When you feel up to it, keep posting to let us know how you're feeling and how the community can support you.

Jojo100
Community Member

Hi Lilly

There is always a point in seeing someone. One time I met with a mh worker and felt so lousy I couldn’t even speak, but it was still a comfort having her there willing to listen. We all need people to lighten the load and know that they believe in us even when we can’t think of a single positive thing about ourself.

I am sorry you have to hold onto secrets from the past - that is unfortunate and totally up to you. However there are many services that could help you with this if you ever change your mind.

You matter to me and to others on this forum so please stay in touch.

Jojo

Jojo100
Community Member

Hi Lilly

I am still here and wondering how you are today? I noticed the BB moderator contacted you by email. I hope that was helpful? Their input might be just what you needed?

Please keep us posted if and when you feel able. You are in my thoughts.

Stay safe xox

Jojo

Lilly99
Community Member

Hi Jojo ,

I don’t know what to say . I feel extremely overwhelmed . I feel like I am drowning . I don’t think I could get any worse .

How do I except help when I have given up? How can I even ask for help when I know it’s not going to help ? It’s just going to be ongoing torture

I feel so bad . Honestly I can’t take this anymore .

Lilly

Jojo100
Community Member

Hi Lilly

Just wanted to say hello and hope you are okay. How are things today? You don’t need to answer, but I want you to know I am here and willing to listen.

Wishing you well. Stay safe & strong xox

Jojo

Lilly99
Community Member

Hi Jojo ,

Thank you for caring .

I cant live feeling like this anymore .

This is out of control

Lilly

Lilly

Lilly99
Community Member

I really need to make this stop . This isn’t living feeling like this every day .

No one should have to live like this .

I am not sure what’s worse . The depression that make me hopeless or the anxiety that makes me desperate .

Far out I am a joke

Lilly

Jojo100
Community Member

Dear Lilly you are definitely not a joke. You are hurting and your depression & anxiety are not under control. It’s hard to think logically when things get to this stage. You need help from someone who you trust and who is able to look at things from a different perspective.

Please try and see your GP again -make a double appointment so you can discuss everything you are going through. Let her help you. There are options, there is hope. Let someone help you with your burden. You don’t have to do it all by yourself.

Don’t let your illness win. Once you get a handle on it things will turn around. It just takes time to figure out what suits your particular needs.

I care about you and wish you the strength to keep putting one foot in front of the other day by day.

Best wishes xox

Jojo