FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New community member

Jess40
Community Member

Hello there. I'm new in here. I suffer from anxiety and depression and it got to the point where I can't work. I am struggling to leave the house, have constant negative thoughts and feel very lost. I've been going through a lot for the past 2 years. One of my children has a medical condition that worries the hell out of me, my mother past away in 2021 and I couldn't make for the funeral due to travelling restrictions (Covid), I have a terrible relationship with my overseas family and my marriage is been on the rocks for a while now. I quit my job cause I couldn't cope dealing with people in general and I feel like my life is finished. I wish I could go to sleep and never wake up again. It is just too hard. 

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Dear Jess40,

Firstly, let us welcome you to the forums. Thank you for trusting us with your experiences and having the strength to share and seek assistance. Please feel free to express yourself and your concerns openly and without fear of judgement as this is a safe space.

We are sorry to hear that you are having to deal with so much right now and can understand why this is feeling so overwhelming. Although so much has happened and it must feel like you have lost so much, please know that there is help and your life is far from over, you are not alone.

Having to process these negative feelings daily and manage your concern for your children and marriage must take its toll, can we ask if you have discussed this with a professional possibly a GP or psychologist? If not, we would highly recommend doing so. Please consider contacting Suicide Callback Service (call on 1300 659 467) if you ever feel the urge to act on your desire to “never wake up” or the negative thoughts become overwhelming.

May we offer our condolences for your loss and say how important it is to process the grief of your loss, not only your mothers passing but also the regret of being unable to attend due to uncontrollable circumstance. We believe our friends over at Grief Line would be able to offer some great assistance with this.

Although leaving your job must have been difficult for you, as you have stated you felt unable to deal with people at present, we believe that coming away from your work to focus on your MH and family is a sensible move. Hopefully this will allow more time for you to focus on yourself and starting your journey of recovery.

If you would like to talk about your negative thoughts and other concerns, we are always here for you. Please contact Beyond Blue either via phone  1300 22 4636 or through Beyond Blue Online Chat 24/7.

Please remember that if you feel you are in danger or you do not feel safe, please call emergency services on 000.

Warm regards
Sophie M

Jess40
Community Member

Thank you for your words Sophie M

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Jess40,

I would also like to give you a very warm and caring welcome to our forums…

I am deeply sorry that your struggling so much with your anxiety and depression…I can relate 

to how hard it is to get out of the house…I spent a few months unable to leave my home…I reached out to my Dr for help…and she put me on a mental health care plan to start with..Is talking to your Dr something that you might consider?….

My deepest condolences for the loss of your beautiful mother…I am so sorry that due to covid restrictions you couldn’t attend her funeral….

Please sweet Jess, depression makes us believe that our life is finished…depression lies to us…You have beautiful children, who love you unconditionally and they need you so very much in their lives…both now and into in the future…Please believe in yourself that you are stronger then you think you are right now…

We are here to support you the best we can, if you feel to talk here please do…

My kindest thoughts with my care dear Jess..

Grandy..

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jess40,  not only to lose a beloved parent but to experience problems with a child is certainly a great deal to cope with and can start to affect so much in your life, which I'm truly so very sorry you have to struggle through this.

We want to listen to what you want to say, so if you have the strength then you could please tell us a little more about your marriage, job and whatever else is causing these concerns.

Geoff.

Life Member.