FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Stuck in a loop and I can’t get out

kkajesal
Community Member

I have had mild depression for as long as I can remember and have never been to a doctor because I am afraid and ashamed to ask for help. My family don’t believe depression and anxiety are real and I have no support at home.

I am in my late twenties and haven’t worked since I lost my last job due to covid in early 2020. My mental health has gone down hill during this time. I haven’t been able to get a job due to my mental state but also cannot afford to get help because I haven’t worked in so long.

I am stuck in a loop of unemployment and depression and don’t know how to get out. My family do not understand and keep telling me that I need to get my life together and that i’m falling behind in life. I really have no one to talk to and i am struggling trying to just help myself. I am terrified to go to a doctor and ask for help. I don’t know where to go from here and where to start.

1 Reply 1

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello kkajesal,

I would like to welcome you to the forum.

I know there are people more experienced with the problems you have written about.

My only suggestion for now, Is that going to your GP is your best bet for getting help. With a mental health care plan, you will be able to access help from a psychologist. or counsellor. If you are receiving Centrelink payments, you won't have to pay.

I hope this helps.

Talk here as you feel comfortable to do, or call BBs own Counselling Service on 1300 22 46 36 & they may be able to help you more directly.

mmMekitty