FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Songs you listen to when depressed

LJpd81
Community Member

I was wondering what are your go to songs you listen to when depressed?

Mine is anything Elton John, particularly Don't let the sun go down, i guess that's why they call it the blues, Rocket man., something about the way you look tonight. Anything Delta Goodrem..Sinead O Connor, nothing compares. All cried out by Allure. Flawless by Delta goodrem, Heavy by Delta Goodrem, Life by Delta, Fragile by Delta. Mistaken Identity by Delta.

I listen to my sad songs, drink and normally cry.

What songs do you listen to depressed?

65 Replies 65

LJpd81
Community Member
And Mariah Carey and Whitney Housten and Wilson Philip. Im5an 80s girl.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear LJpd81~

It's a good question. I guess I've different sorts for different things. I do know in my own case the music has to match my mood, if it does not, perhaps by trying to be uplifting or cheerful, then it simply makes me feel worse. It empathizes the gap between what is in my mind and the rest of the world.

"Ain't she sweet" or "Via con me" simply does not go with feeling down, while "God's away on business" or "Hell broke Luce" lets me reflect and does not jibe at all

Strangely enough "It's a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong fits anytime.

Croix

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

My current “go to” music is anything by Celtic Thunder.

And “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran.

I have set my ringtone on my phone to “I would walk 500 miles” (George from Celtic Thunder) and SMS tone to “Perfect”.

Then to round things out my alarm tone is set to “William Tell Overture”. That wakes me up even before it goes off! (Imagine jumping with fright from a peaceful slumber if it does go off lol).

LJpd81
Community Member
I love Perfect too and Thinking out loud

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bridge over troubled water by simon and garfunkel

To dream the impossible dream by Jim Nabours

Anything by neil Diamond

Somewhere over the rainbow sung by judy graland.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Everyone..

I like to listen to Cliff Richard‘s version of the Lord’s Prayer...The way he does sings it helps me to believe that their is hope...

also I like Bridge Over Troubled Waters....

To me Both these songs are very calming for me...

Grandy

wail
Community Member
elton john my darling

LJpd81
Community Member
Love this

wail
Community Member
same song over over again good bye yellow bric road