FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Running out of option in life and work

JRRL
Community Member

I am currently struggling in life, admittedly I have been very careless with my finances. I have never been unemployed ever since 2005 then I have been retrenched recently and found a job almost immediately, however the job proves to be beyond my capability. I am in everyday struggle and in constant state of anxiety. I want to quit and find a more suitable job however all the work I applied didn't contact me back.

The thought of being in another job interview gives me severe anxiety attacks. and I can't afford to be jobless :(. I'm running out of hope and options.

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Thanks for being honest with your post. Although anonymous being upfront with poor money management isnt easy.

Many people with mental illness including anxiety have poor financial management so please dont feel guilty about this.

Google

Beyondblue Topic the financial world of snakes and ladders

Ofyen the guilt associated with it all is worse than over spending

Beyondblue Topic guilt the tormentor

With work pag yourself on the back for giving this job a go. Not everyone can carry out a job beyond their capacity.

I always advocaye getting 2 or 3 part time jobs for those with anxiety. That way you font slog it out with the same people for 8 hours and you also change your environment every 4 hours.

BeyondblueTopic seeking work- some tips

As well I wouldnt worry about getting work less than your capabilities especially part time work. An physical cleaning job gives your mind a rest.

Stay clear of overnight shift work and customer service especially food where complaints are common and often not justified.

In the meantime you can consider what you can do at work to relieve work stress.

finally, we habe to look after our health. Visit your GP for a chat. Temporary treatment for anxiety might be a positive move.

BeyondblueTopic anxiety, how I eliminated it

All the best

TonyWK