FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Please help me I am so sad all the time, I can not find anything to do after work to pick me up

future_
Community Member
I don't want to get out of bed anymore, I have to to go to work so I survive to keep a rented roof over my head. I have a 15 year old daughter how wants nothing to do with me anymore she has found her family in the internet, youtube or talking with friends over facetime, skype. we argue every time i turn the internet off or ask her to sit with me and watch some telly. I am so sad about renting and want to just run. I am so ugly no one wants to date me at 50 years old, my neighbours hide from me, it's cold and my heart is broken
9 Replies 9

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello Sam

Welcome to Beyond Blue. Life sounds difficult at the moment. So I'm pleased you've found your way here.

I tend to ask questions as it helps me support you. Just remember though, there is no pressure though for you to answer anything.

You are finding it difficult to see the positives about yourself. I'm sure you'll find some. A friend of mine married at 60 years old a few years ago. So you're never too old, believe me. Also, I get a little upset with people who are only interested in how I look. What matters I find is who you are as a person. You have a daughter and though she is attached to the internet, I'm sure is still there for you. To be honest, I too find watching TV these days is a little boring. Have you asked her what she'd like to do? Maybe go out for a coffee/tea or if you can afford it, a bite to eat? What about bowling? Although at 15, I'm not sure she'd be that interested. Also at that age, she's wanting to be independent I'd imagine. So chilling out with your parent isn't seen as cool. I wouldn't take it to heart really.

Why do your neighbours hide from you? And what is making you cold?

If you want to talk, then I'm here.

Kind regards

PamelaR

Misunderstood12
Community Member
Hi Misunderstood here have you tried Drawing animals landscapes or cartoons helpful what about sewing or going on a outing with a friend on the weekends i do reading it helps i sadly have Bipolar disorder type 1 and suffer panic attacks. And i have a list of hobbies i like i buy card board make a poster or a excersise book or a notebook buy one and write down 3 goals to do when all are done think of 3 or 4 more okay any way what movies do you watch i watch comedy it helps me with my depression but mine is a bad case . I asked my mother one night to read to me so she does every night i m sadly 25 how embaressing and i m kind i will listen

future_
Community Member
please pray we all get thru our lives that is what it is, why god allowed me not to have family around me is so upsetting. no one rings me or relies on me I am just I would rather not be a burden on my child and be at peace permanently. my child does not deserve a mother with lonely depressed life, most family bring love and warmth so I am always cold, shivering only warm wrapped up in my tracksuit pants and blanket. I have tried having an animal but can not because of working so much to keep a rented roof over our heads. I go to church to pray only looking for answers that are not coming.

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi sam,

You seemed so sad, lonely and down in your post that I just wanted to reach out...I’m glad Pammy and Misunderstood12 have both replied so compassionately to you.

I relate to that feeling of not wanting to get out of bed. I definitely have days like that too. Life is hard sometimes, sighs...

The disconnection (sorry if that’s not the right word) from your daughter must really hurt. It must really sting when she seems to want to do other things instead...

I know there’s not much that I can say, which will be of help to you but I do hear you and your pain. I like Misunderstood12’s comments on trying to channel some of that hurt and pain into activities. I personally sometimes find creative pursuits a great way to give my pain a “voice”...

Kind thoughts,

Pepper

Tams20
Community Member

Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear that you are so lonely and sad. And I'm sorry to hear that your daughter isn't providing you with any company. I just remember back to when I was 15 and I was so caught up in my own little world that I was oblivious to what was going on around me. I was also quite mean to my parents at that age, embarrassed to be seen with them, desperate to get away and be with my friends, nasty and sulky when my parents forced me to spend time with them... no internet back then, but if there was I would have been deep into it. I wasn't a very nice person... Maybe it was the age, wanting to be independent, or it could have been the hormones. But I did get over it and by the time I was out of high school I had a great relationship with my parents, so there's no reason why your daughter won't be the same. Just hang in there - she is not better off without you!

As far as having things to do outside work, are you able to go for a walk? Get some exercise, clear your head? I know it's sometimes hard to find the time and motivation, but I always find that I feel better after a bit of exercise.

Look after yourself.

Tams

future_
Community Member
i am so scared of being on the rent roundabout I pray so hard all day every hour that I find someone to share a home loan so I can build a home and not have to move or not be able to afford it then I can work on my depression without being so petrified scared of where i will end up. please understand i know there are homeless people and i pray for them too.

future_
Community Member
Is there someone I can email each day for support I am really struggling to get past my problems of feeling very insecure so scared to even do my job. please help me.

Tams20
Community Member

Hi Sam,

If you open the Beyond Blue home page and scroll right to the bottom you will see there’s a link for you to email someone. I’ve never used it, so can’t say how it works, but it may help you?

Tams

Hi sam gc, sorry to read that you're struggling.  The email service Tams20 mentioned is not really suitable for daily contact, it's more for one-off advice about services and specific issues.

The good news though - many people have found these forums to be a good source of daily support, making connections with other people here in the community and checking in.  Like any community, the best way to build these connections and find people to talk with is to get involved in other threads and make yourself known.  You are more likely to receive replies this way.

Have a read through the thread below for guidance:

Forums etiquette: give support to receive support