FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Past delusions and present anxiety

Alannah57
Community Member

This is going to sound bizarre. As a teenager I had a really strange period of time, like something out of a dream, where I thought the following things: that I was famous, that I was being watched by objects that had the thoughts of the outside world in them, and this was combined with elated/dreamy/moody feelings. In short, my sense of reality felt very warped. I kept being dragged down by feelings of emptiness and despair at being alive (depression), but also had really bizarre beliefs and feelings and behaviours. Also, hid my delusions because they felt so out-there, and I had a shift where it got so bad that I had to stop my delusions because it was getting out of control. During this time, I had weird mental hallucination kind of things where I saw flies that weren’t there, or heard a weird voice in my head once. But, since then, depression had been a recurring, big part of my life, as well as impulsive behaviours. I want to get perspective, and am trying to figure out how normal it is to have weird, implausible delusions.

2 Replies 2

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Alannah57,

You may need to speak to a psychologist to help you sort out your thoughts and what they represent.

We all have an imagination and the ability to think about and create all kinds of images in our minds. It may be that you were possibly creating a different kind of life in your mind than the one you were living.

I do not have any psychology training at all, so these are just my thoughts about your situation.

Other people here may have experienced similar, these are thigs we don't always share with people, so I hope you find some answers and others respond.

All the best from Dools

balticskillz
Community Member

When I was a young teenager, I told myself that I will never be able to lead a normal life ever again due to severe anxiety disorders. However, after a few years of living with anxiety, I decided to make a change and win the anxiety war. I stumbled upon this awesome youtube channel the Anxiety guy. Thanks to this channel I found the way to battle anxiety and change my life forever. Hope this channel will help you to.