FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

not really happy, not sure why

jodes76
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

We brought a dog which has been good for us all.  But I still have that darkness about me.  Everything still gets to me.  I'm on New meds. I'm with a mental health team which helps a bit.  Still so emotional,  really don't know what to do

2 Replies 2

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi there Lost76

Well done on a number of things … firstly on coming here and reaching out for advice and support.  You’ll get both in spadefuls here.  

Well done on getting yourselves a dog … they are just the most brilliant and loyal companions, who (like all of us here) don’t judge you.  You thought I was going to say something else then, didn’t you?  Like, who (like all of us here) will slobber all over you and lick you as soon as you come home.   But no, I didn’t say that … I thought it, but I didn’t say it.  

Can we please have a little more detail about your puppy?  Indeed is it a puppy or a dog?  Breed/age and name??  Sorry, I’m being really nosey.  

Well done on getting yourself onto new meds.  Now you’ve said that they’re new and that could possibly be part of the reason that you’re still so emotional and still have the darkness surrounding you … cause if it has only been a little while that you’ve been on them, it does take a while (a number of weeks or a month or so) for them to fully get into your system and into your brain to help ease the troubles that you’re experiencing.  

Also, well done on being able to get appointments with a mental health team and I’m so pleased that you mention that they are helping a bit.   With this illness, it’s just these things that we look for or hope to experience … just little bits of positiveness and change.  We can’t expect massive changes to happen because it’s just not possible.  We just need to keep looking for the little changes … little steps forward.  

Again, it’s great that you’ve come to here and posted … and if you feel able to, it’d be awesome to hear back from you.  

Kind regards  

Neil

jodes76
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi it's a 3 year old staffy x corgi. Only been on New meds since New years.  The kids are still being hard.  My hubby is not helping either