FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm so over life

REnigmaK
Community Member

I'm sick of this thing called life.  I have done so much for my family over the years and all I have in return is a resume that won't get me a job.  I haven't been in a relationship for years and can't find anyone who is actually interested in me.  I'm 30 and don't have children, medically unable to and yet in my culture it is extremely important for women to have children.  I see everyone around me settling down with partners, having children, good jobs, a house and car.  I have none of that and it pushes me further down into the depression hole.  I have the kind of family that won't let go of me, allow me to establish my life, every time I try and get away, they pull me back into their toxic web.  There is no longer a reason for my living except being their slave.

2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear REnigmaK, if you worry about all the other people who have families as well as settling down then maybe put yourself in their shoes as I'm sure that many of these people aren't living the the nice cosy happy existence that may appear to be having.

If you want to move away from your family what about saying that you are going away for a holiday, finances permitting, and then settle down somewhere else, and then only give a general description of where you live, or if this is going to be difficult then just go shopping and don't return home.

Just remember that people who aren't married always want to be, but then once those who do marry only wish they were single again, it's easy to say this once you have been married and now single. Geoff.

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi RenigmaK

Welcome to Beyond Blue and well done for posting your story.

Geoff has really provided you with an excellent response and suggestions.  I’d have to back up Geoff’s suggestions as well … no-one should be made to feel like a slave and also the description of them pulling you back into their toxic web are just awful things for you to deal with.

Is it possible for you to get away … to create your own life somewhere else?  It will be a huge step and challenging, but I get the feeling that this is really what you want or need. 

The environment that you’re living in is just going to continue to eat away at you. 

You need this challenge – what about going to catch an interstate bus or something and travel that way?

I don’t know where you are with your thinking of these kinds of things, but if you have been thinking about this, then perhaps Geoff and my suggestions might just be the trigger to assist you.  Alternatively, this may give you some things to think about and how and what and where you might go? 

But I really think you should go … your opening sentence is testament to that.

Would love to hear back from you when you feel able to post again.

Kind regards

Neil