FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

FINALLY some good(ish) news

guest75
Community Member

Hi Guys,

Today i arrived home from work and my mum tells me there is a letter on the bench for me. I go to the bench and see a letter with "DHS" on it. I immediately start to panic.  I open the letter and it is informing me that DHS Child Protection will no longer have anything to do with my family

Surely that is a good thing, that the magistrate will take into account? Im finally starting to see some light at the end of this long dark tunnel. Finally, am i starting to get some small results from the work i have been doing?

But then my pessimistic side decided to chime in. She told my mum DHS made her take out the IVO. DHS are no longer concerned, and she hasnt retracted it. What does that mean? that she really doesnt want anything to do with me anymore? My pessimistic side is annoying

Matty

2 Replies 2

Michael70
Community Member

G’day Matty,  

That’s good news.  I think you should try to stop second guessing everything otherwise you are going to send yourself over the edge.  You need to accept what has happened has happened and you can’t change it, you can only shape the future and you are doing everything in your power you can and that’s all you can ask of yourself.  You know you have done some bad things you have told us already and people take time to forgive but forgiveness only comes when they feel you have changed or are trying to change and obviously you most certainly are trying.  I also want to say that worrying about what other people think does not change what they think, you can only control you and your thoughts so start there and the rest will follow.  I can see you have been shocked by all this and maybe it was something that had to happen for you to get in touch with yourself and take control, you have done that and you are now on the right path.  

It’s 2 weeks till the court date so I recommend you sit down and put together a timetable for every day till then and fill the timetable with “you” time.  Book times for your work, your self-help sessions, professional session times, exercise times, writing time, cooking time, etc etc.  Use the next two weeks to process and be the best person you can be when you enter that courtroom, I understand you have more work and more worries ahead but you can only affect today so live for today and plan for the future.   

Thinking of you, good luck and take care,  

Michael

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Matty, I can't add any more from what Michael has said, but all I can say is that for these next two weeks, and although you are going to be anguish is to try and concentrate on the task that Michael has said.

Please within these 2 weeks stay in touch with us, as you will want some support, and we are here for you. Geoff.