FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I am feeling a bit sad

Rose2021
Community Member
Hi everyone, I am safe and I am feeling a bit sad and I am having not good thoughts and I am debating if I should call my local hospital or call someone else tomorrow? I won’t do anything. I just want to get help. As my mental health isn’t doing so well. It is hard having autism, ADHD, epilepsy, intellectual disability and depression. I want to be happy for once. I wish I didn’t have Autism, ADHD & Depression. 
2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

I have a personal policy- I will always seek help if I feel unsafe or emotionally distraught. Always. It is the best policy I ever made for myself and my family and they are all proud of me sticking to it.

So yes, go ahead and ring around or drop in to any medical clinic. I'd be so happy when you do.

Acceptance of your illnesses is the hardest challenge you'll have but the good news is- that it does get easier as you grow older- why?  Because you'll see people your own age suffer worse and even pass on from their medical problems. I have depression, bipolar, dysthymia, deep vein thrombosis, gout, blood pressure etc but down my street there is a guy in a wheelchair and having broken my leg once and been in one for 8 weeks I'd rather be able to walk. 

I have a link below. I'd like it if you could read just the first post. If you'd like to talk about things further then reply when you want to.

https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/staying-well/acceptance-is-this-our-biggest-challenge/td-p/14769...

TonyWK

Elephant86
Community Member

good morning Rose 

how are you feeling

I understand it is a hard for you at the moment and it feels impossible but don't give up it will be fine. I feel for you because I have epilepsy myself and I have been on a similar path but I have come out of this situation. You must have hope and remember you are strong enough to get through this. You must look at a disability as a gift because I do it's my super power and remember you are special and unique and there is only one rose in this world.

There are going to be time you will be sad but remember I am alive and to remember to be positive thoughts.You could even look at some social activities to keep you connected in the community and make some friends in the local community this is important for your wellbeing and health. 

Remember you have the strength inside you to face your adversity and you we are here to support you at Beyond Blue.