FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help, no judgement please

Congina2010
Community Member

Hi guys, I'm a young girl who tells too many lies and need help. 

I have been caught out on many lies in the past which is ruining my relationship with my parents, siblings and close friends and I want to stop. This has been going on for a few years now and I know I need help hence why I'm reaching out to you on here. Is there a number I can call to speak to someone that can potentially guide me in getting better and to stop this issue before it gets out of control. Im only 11 years old and want to get the help I need. All suggestions needed right now. Thank you for listening and no judgement please 🙏 

4 Replies 4

That Other Guy
Community Member

People lie for a reason.  What's happened in the past that made you feel not safe to tell the truth? This isn't about you being bad, you are NOT a bad person.  It's about how things around you have shaped you.  At your age, you will need to talk to your parents about talking to some sort of therapist to help you work out why you've felt you need to lie so much.  

If I was your dad, I would be SO proud of you for recognising the need to change and wanting to find a way to do it.  If you don't feel like you can talk to your parents, the number for the kids help line is 

1800 55 1800

These are people whose job it is to be there for someone like you and to make sure you're not alone.  If you don't want to talk to your parents, please call them and see how they can help.

Sophie_M
Hi Congina,

As That Other Guy has shown you, you're in the right place and you do not need to worry about being judged. This community is super understanding, and we can hear you're feeling really worried.

That Other Guy makes a great point, our friends over at Kids Helpline are a brilliant bunch to speak to about this. You can reach them anytime on 1800 55 1800, you can also check them out online, or reach them via Online Chat here: kidshelpline.com.au

There's also the Beyond Blue counsellors, also available 24/7 on 1300 22 4636, who you can reach online here: beyondblue.org.au/get-support

You don't have to be alone with this, we want to help and we're here for you. 

Thanks for being really brave and sharing this, Congina. We think that's a great thing to do, so well done. 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Congina2010,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Sophie M has provided you with some great contacts and The Other Guy.

Have you been able to discuss the way you are feeling with your parents?

Banksy92
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Congina2010,

Please know that nobody here is judging you and we understand it can be hard to admit to these types of things so you have done a great job to own up and reach out for help.

Have you had a chance to contact any of the helplines from Sophie?

Let us know how you go.