FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost

Animal-lover
Community Member

Hi this is the first time I have posted on here. I’m 51yr old female, have had depression/anxiety my whole adult life. Single mum of 3 amazing but challenging teenagers. Lots of medical stuff been happening with my 15yr old for some time as well as all struggling with their own mental health. I’m feeling very flat, deflated, tired, overwhelmed and trying to find some good in each day but feel it’s getting harder and harder. Then we add financial pressures, work and life. I’m very lonely and isolated due to my own anxiety and rarely leave the house. Looking for some inspiration.

2 Replies 2

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Animal-lover and welcome to the forums and i am sorry for your struggles at the moment.I understand about struggling with your kids I have 2 with special needs and my son is very difficult with medical issues and he starts high school next year.I to stay to my self in a country town and find it difficult with my anxiety and depression to meet people.Their is so much financial stress these days with everything sky-rocketing in price.I just want you to know you are not alone and that we are here to listen to you.

Take care,

Mark.

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Animal-lover,

A really warm welcome to you! It's lovely to meet you.

I am sorry to hear you have had depression and anxiety your whole adult life, and feel like it's getting harder and harder. It sounds like you are trying to manage a lot of pressures without much support, and I'm really glad to hear you're trying to find some inspiration to help.

In my own experience, it was connecting with others who had similar struggles that made me feel less alone in dealing with issues that I realised many people faced. I also found inspiration outside of my mental health when I joined a writing group and, even though I didn't talk much because I'm naturally an introvert, it was still nice to be around people who had similar interests.

I hope you can find similar points of connection with people here. I saw Matchy69 made a very kind post about similar challenges, and I know there are many who will read your post and feel touched, even if they don't post a reply here.

James