FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost b

Whydidudoit
Community Member

Anyone else just feel lost?cause that's how I feel about now ,I have a close friend I can talk to about anything and my younger sister  and brother will listen to me.but  the rest of my family I just feel stupid telling them how I feel!today I have my worthless feeling day like I can do no good.

and yes I had a couple of drinks just so I can express myself or else I couldn't i went to the doctor when I first started feeling anxiety on that day I quit my job instead of driving to work I drove to the doctors I just wanted someone to help me he only told me that I should get out more do extra cirruculm activities which I did do I played soccer but that still didn't help I felt there was no where I could turn..until my mum spoke to her doctor about me and he told her to bring me in that's when I felt finally someone would listen to me! He prescribed me medication for my anxiety !i never knew I had anxiety until that day I always thought it was just a feeling of something bad going to happen...which he then told me tats wat anxiety was I felt relieved ..I still feel the anxiety but in a different way I guess I got use to feeling anxiety but now it feels much different more silent but longer...

i recently also saw a counseller who has prescribed me something to help me sleep..

but I still have the feeling of worthlessness I fell  not good enough and tat everyone still has high expecting of me!

i don't wanna fell that anymore ,I like everyone else wanna feel normal but I forgot what normal is...

pom sick of everyone putting hopes on me I just feel so confused and lost ...

lik they want me to get a job but its hard cause my anxiety comes in I feel lost for words and I keep hearing voices !

i was working as a waitress trying to get back into the work force but I kept hearing someone say my name...I kept looking all around but I couldn't tell if it was a man or woman..it was so strange and when I went to take someone's order my thoughts of what to say went really fast and I could hear my self talk ing the wrong words but just couldn't stop ...I couldn't go back now my family tells me off for hot trying ...but how can I tell them the truth without seeming so crazy  I don't know what to do  ..how can people understand when they haven't even been through this?

1 Reply 1

Ruth_M
Community Member

Hi there,

Welcome to the beyondblue forum! We hope you find some useful support and advice online, and here you will find many others who have been through similar experiences.

It sounds like you have done a great job in trying to reach out for support- seeing a new psychologist and visiting a few GPs. Have you mentioned to them about the voices that have gotten in the way of work? If not, this could be really helpful for them in working out how best to help. Perhaps you could even try printing out the post you have put on the forum as a starting point. 

Sometimes its hard for others to understand when they haven't been through it themselves, but all you can do is work on getting yourself back on your feet, and you are doing that. If you need some financial support whilst between jobs, contact Centrelink about what entitlements you may be eligible for.

We hope you stay in touch with us on the forum and let us know how you get on. 

With best wishes

beyondblue moderation team