FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

dark times

jodes76
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
last few days I have been overcome by a dark mood which has dragged me down, I really don't know what to do, nothing seems to help lift it
6 Replies 6

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Jody, I believe I have replied to you and if it doesn't appear then I will post again.

And BB if I have replied to her on this post then this can be cancelled, which brings me to a point, unless I write done who I have replied to I can't remember if I have or not, ( brain injury ) so is there anyway for me to know whether I have or not. Thanks. Geoff.

ModeratorA
Community Member

Dear Jody, it sure can feel overwhelming when dark times come upon you. Especially if they seem to come from nowhere and you can see no real trigger.

It is really important if these feelings last that you tell somebody. Your GP is a great place to start. Remember you can always call beyond blue and speak to somebody. People at beyondblue understand about dark times and it can really help to talk. You are not alone with these feelings. Beyondblue:1300 224636

There can be heaps of reasons why these feelings come, it really is worth letting somebody know, having things checked out and getting support

Keep in touch with the forums

all the best, from the moderators

jodes76
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
thank you , today I saw my gp who put me on medication to see how I go. I will see a psychologist as well after ive been on the meds for awhile

christopher
Community Member

Hi Jody,

Hey don't let your dark moods persist, I left my dark moods way to long. Go see your GP, they are really switched on with this stuff now. The great thing is, even if you don't have alot to do with your local GP it's really easy to talk to them,I always thing well I never see them except when I come to their practise, so it does not matter what I tell them.

Good luck and feel free to chat, I am coming here most nights, hopefully to help and pass on my experiences and you know it makes me feel good.

cheers

Chris..

dear Chris, how do you find the new site, and are you comfortable about replying back to us. Geoff.

I don't know what the old site was like, so I'll have to say this one is fine. cheers

Chris