FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Breaking point

Coco18-8
Community Member

I have been depressed for quite some time. I have a therapy session in three days. I am at my absolute breaking point, everything feels so heavy. The thought of tomorrow seems so overwhelming, let alone waiting three days to see my therapist . I’m trying to hold out to see them but there is so much sadness consuming me , idk when it will ever end. Even just writing this I know I’ll be sitting here sad afterwards, I truely feel so alone and I don’t know what to do.

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hi there, Coco

Thank you very much for coming to the community with these feelings; it is very brave, and we are grateful for the opportunity to try to help.

Being so overwhelmed is a really lonely feeling. sometimes, as such, it is best to try to challenge it with connection - we are really happy you are reaching out here! Are there others around you that might also be willing to help? Friends and family? social groups? sports teams? Do you belong to any Discords or online groups? Regardless of what style or type, please continue to reach out and connect.

Please, do not feel that you must wait to speak to your therapist. Headspace have their e-programs, Kids Helpline can be contacted here, and you can click here to have a chat with us - of course you can also call us on 1300 22 4636. 

Please continue to reach out, Coco - and please hang in there!

Regards,

Sophie M.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Coco, welcome to the forums. We are all so glad you have joined and shared how you're feeling tonight. 

Hugs. 

Would you like to share what sadness is consuming you tonight? 

This is YOUR thread and you can write on it until.... forever. 
We're always here. 

Please phone a Helpline, they are there for you too. 
Hopefully you'll leave that call with some strategies to see you through and hopefully also feel that a load is off of your chest for now. 

Please know that it's the depressive thoughts connected to the feelings that is overwhelming you at times. 
Not actually YOU. 

We're all survivors and thrivers here, you're in good company! 

Please take time to do something nice for yourself, whether you feel like doing this or not!
Hold your own hands. 
Listen to peaceful music. I'm listening to Pagan music, 1hour of fantasy music for relaxation and meditation. 
Have a cry. 
Take a shower or have a bath. 

Even writing it all out to show your therapist each day can help get this out onto paper, for someone to read and support you through. 

There are many threads in the wellbeing section to have a look at too. 

Take care
Love EM

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Coco18-8,

Im sorry you are feeling this way I understand it’s hard.

I think it’s fantastic that you are going to see your therapist.

Im sorry that you are experiencing so much sadness.

Please feel free to tell us more when you are ready.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Coco, tomorrow is when you see your therapist and when the session begins, you might not know where you should begin, so if I can suggest you write down in point form when and how this all began.

If you write it down in an essay, then the main points may be missed, but mentioning them in point form, this won't happen, it's important to do this, so that nothing is missed, because if you go in to the session, your mind may suddenly become blank.

Please keep talking to us, because we ourselves have been in exactly the same position as what you are struggling with.

Geoff.

Life Member.