FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A wave

Bee40
Community Member

Today a wave of depression has came over me, it comes  once or twice  a month   the day feel down from the morning right uphill I go to bed. I don't know why it comens , I'm happy most other days. I get snappy at ppl and then feel bad . Then I start to think of the ppl I've lost years ago  and get upset like they just died yesterday.  Doss others get these days ? 

2 Replies 2

HelloGail
Community Member

Hi Bee40

It could be for various reasons as you state the depression arrives once or twice a month and you get snappy. That sounded like me when I was menstruating but you may be a guy! Maybe you are overworked? Long working hours/shift work and not receiving enough sunlight? I get like that when I haven't been physically active, too many late nights etc. 

Beth_123
Community Member

Yes, it's common to experience waves of depression or "down" days, even if you are generally happy most of the time. It's important to remember that depression can be a complex and multifaceted condition, and there are often a range of factors that can contribute to these feelings. Some common triggers for depression include stress, changes in routine, hormonal fluctuations, seasonal changes, and life events such as loss or trauma. It's also common to feel irritable or snappy when experiencing depression. It might be helpful to speak with a mental health professional to better understand your experiences and explore strategies for managing these feelings when they arise.