FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What would you like to do/accomplish in 2024?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Friends,

As we move into a new year it is often a good time to reflect & reset. 

So...what would you like to do or accomplish in 2024?

CMF 😊

* Everyone welcome to post. New & current friends. We love to hear from everyone. 

9 Replies 9

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear CMF,

Thank you for the suggestion and opportunity to reflect and reset.

For me I would say it is:

• Get on top of health issues.
  • Plan and hopefully start a business idea with the help of the Self Employment Assistance Program.
  • Continue to heal grief and trauma issues.
  • Spend time with gentle, kind people.
  • Take some trips away, small ones at this stage, but dreaming of being able to do bigger trips if I can generate income to fund them (thinking beyond 2024).
  • Continue to learn how to nurture and take care of myself.
  • Re-establish a daily practice of self-care, ideally first thing in the morning, such as meditation or yoga/stretching, not in the sense of an obligation but listening to my body and following what it needs.
  • See and treat every living being I come across as valuable, even the ones I find challenging, but also maintaining healthy boundaries.
  • Not pushing myself too hard and resting when I need to.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Cmf

thanks for the thread. I will get back when I think about it..

Right I don’t want to be a doormat anymore but I don’t want to be rude.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Hey CMF

Thanks heaps for the crackerjack thread and your proactive attitude too!  In 2024....I will...

* the pursuit of happiness as always...without high expectations of course 

* continue to provide quality counsel to others (as far as my life experience will permit of course)

* find a companion that can be supportive with getting out and about in a XR8  with video/camera gear

* to find out which Beyond Blue salaried staff member(s) thought it was a great idea to reduce our profile 

picture to this silly small dot. I thought I had an identity here...boy...I was wrong!  

* peace of mind is paramount...by avoiding overly negative and judgmental people

* to find another rescue dog after my Chow Chow/German Shepard passed away. RIP Prince x 

my best for you in  2024 CMF...new and current posters too! 

Paul

CC Online Volunteer

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear CMF, Paul, Eagle Ray, Quirky and everyone……🤗..

I love all the things you’re all going to accomplish this year, they are such beautiful and heartwarming things to strive for…

I don’t have a list….. I do hope that this year brings me peace and that I can be a better person then I was last you….self improvement I will say…

You’re all very amazing and caring people I really do hope that everything you want in life does happen and 2024 is a great year for you all…

Love, peace and  hugs everyone 💜 ☮️ 🤗..

Grandy..

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello CMF & everyone

PLease exccuse a little aside to the topic, but I wanted to ask about what Paul said about ...."... to reduce our profile 

picture to this silly small dot. I thought I had an identity here...boy...I was wrong!  "

May I ask if that is what you see on a laptop, phone, or what, because I still see the original profile pic, although cropped to only show a circular portion of that original. I prefer them to be larger, so I have half a chance of seeing wht what people have chosen for their profile pics. However,it eems to still be the case that people joining aren't able to upload their own profile pic, & people who were members prior to the new-look website, have not been able to change their profile pic. I liked being able to change my pic, occasionally, temporarily. 

*Now, things I want to achieve, do this year?

I'm still getting fit, (which I hope will include some weight loss, reducing how much fat I am carrying, while increasing muscle mass & strength & cardio fitness, so I will feel healthier, be stronger, able to swim without feeling like I'm drowning. I want so much to feel I can do a lap of the pool without feeling I won't make it. This is an ongoing 

I'm also wanting to get my belongings sorted & things I don't want, use or need,  or are not even working, out of my place.

I want to totally upgrade my entire computer & accessories, because what I have is really beginning to actually be practally speaking, obsolete. I'll have to include camera, microphone, a new printer, with a scanner (like I had once upon a time), & the software which I can access, my text-to-speech recognises, I mean, so I can know what I'm doing withit.... & I'll have to get help learning new things, or relearning old things, but that worries me considering how my memory has been worsening over the last couple years.

Still hoping to find accomadation which suits my temporment & disabilities. I said it early last year, & I'll say it again now - I don'twant to be in this flat for another summer, not even another winter... oh, please!

Also I had a thought last night. I want to try more seafood types, like oysters. Where can I find nice oysters, & how to prepare & eat them? That's something else to learn this year.

& make Lemonade Scones when the weather is cooler.

Research homemade Pea & Ham Soup (4 servings at most) ... prepackaged soups are no good at all.

That's quite enough to be going on with.

Wishing you all the best with your goals

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear MK,

Just letting you know that I see your lovely cat photo both on my phone and computer. It is encased in a circle but I can definitely see mmMeKitty.

I tried to upload my own profile pic of a stingray - to go with eagle ray which is a type of stingray. However, it just didn’t work. I haven’t tried to follow it up further.

I enjoyed reading what sound like great goals for the year MK. I very much agree that homemade soup is much better than prepackaged ones. I would like to get back into making them as I haven’t for a long time.

Hugs,

ER

Hey Hey everyone

Hey mmMeKitty....click on my blondguy name or your mmMekitty name next to your profile picture. You will see a bigger profile picture of you or myself. We used to have a rectangular/vertical profile picture that was a decent size and you could read any script we had on our profile picture.

Just click on your name and you can see the text in your profile picture Kitty!

my kindest always

Paul

Purpleblue13
Community Member

To do List: (Hopefully will accomplish in 2024)

• Spend lots of time with my family
  • Upskill and study to get a better job
  • Save more spend less
  •  Spend more time Gardening and other hobby
  • Start up a business (not sure what business)
  • Go back Journaling 
  • Devo everyday
  • loose 20KG
  • Live life, Love people and be Grateful for every single day!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone

Thanks Paul - I'd forgotten that.

While I lost an 'm' at the start, the turquois lettering spelling 'mMekitty' shows. & a paw isn't showing anymore either.

I did enjoy playing around with having a different profile pic from time to time. Images are also another form of self-expression. I miss being being able to make them, to use them, share them & such... 

I would like to also figure out some other way to make art of some form... what medium, I don't know, then what to do with the objects I create, I also don't know.

Hello Purpleblue13 - What does 'Devo everyday' mean?

Hugzies

mmMekitty