FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What's cooking good looking?

Community Member
What's the deal banana peel?

There is a unique connection between what we eat and how we feel. This thread is all about sharing food ideas and recipes that are healthy or easy so we have time to look after our health while suffering from an illness or maybe just because you can.

Whats up buttercup?

A healthy body is a healthy mind and vice versa! This will be food for the soul!

Here's an idea to get the ball rolling:

I get a kaleslaw from coles pre-made, it has five super foods in it including seeds with a very healthy yoghurt dressing. This is great in wholemeal wraps with ham and cheese for lunch or as a salad with freshly grilled chicken for dinner with toasted wraps as a crunchy feel. It usually lasts 3 days and I only dress it when I eat it. Enjoy that one on me.
79 Replies 79

SubduedBlues
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

My mom's Halloween treat:

• Mix peanut butter with green food dye.
  • Dip in a pretzel stick.

They're called: "boogers on a stick"​

Thanks for joining this awsome thread. I love peanut butter and boogers. Win win for me!

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Boogers on a stick - I'll have to share that with the grandkids!

Easy chicken risotto

Cook chopped onion & bacon in butter in a rice cooker, add a punnet of sliced mushrooms. Mix & cook. Add 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice, mix. (Add more butter if needed). Add 3 cups of chicken stock & 2 or 3 chopped chicken thighs. Cook until rice cooker turns to "warm". (The switch may turn from cook to warm during preparation - just "encourage" it to go back to cook).

This tastes yummy & is easy to make. I'm not exactly sure how healthy it is 😏!!

Community Member
Rice is extremely healthy. Its a whole grain full of vitamins and minerals. Thanks for sharing that sounds yummy, easy and healthy. Im cooking that tonight.

Community Member

My confession,

When I started this thread I should of explained what my profession was. I was afraid of people knowing me and it affecting my professional life. I am a qualifed chef with an abundance of information about cooking (domestic or commercial) which i am happy to share.

Any questions/help with shopping/time management or anything. Please ask and Please share.

sparkvark
Community Member

Lazy burritos:

Pita bread, mince w/ chili flakes, cumin, paprika, garlic and diced onion, rice, grated cheddar, grated carrot, sliced cucumber, tomato and lettuce.

Problem - pita fell apart haha. Maybe next time stop doing the dodgy and get a proper tortilla that's built to handle that filling 😛

Community Member

Hi sparky,

Sounds great. You used real ingredients and not some pre-made chemical filled seasoning......I hope. I love to cook things from scratch, it gives me a feeling of achievement and sometimes things go wrong. Thats life. Don't judge yourself to harshly, the journey is half the fun.

Most of the time at home i don't use recipes....freestyle is fun to. Just experimenting with different things. I think of it as art.

Thanks for sharing

Six

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Aha ha ha ahh...he he he, ah ha ha ha

ha ha ha boogers ha ha ha he he..sigh (silent giggle)

Community Member

Tonight I'm cooking garlic and herb roast chicken with roast sweet potato, boiled corn and carrot battens.

Ingredient list:

Olive oil

Garlic clove

Parsley

Thyme

Rosemary

Salt n pepper

Whole chicken

Sweet Potato

Carrots

Fresh corn

Method:

Preheat oven 220 degrees.

Crush garlic, chop herbs (use dried if you like) enough to lightly coat the chicken. Mix with olive oil s'n'p. Coat the chicken. This can be done earlier in the day to infuse the flavours or just before you put it in the oven. Put in oven for 15-20 mins then turn it down to 180. In that 15- 20 mins put on a pot of water to boil, peel your carrots, potato and clean off the corn. Put the corn on to simmer. Lightly season and toss the sweet potato with olive oil. Ding... your timer just went off.... turn down your oven. Give it 10mins before you put in the potato. Cut up your carrots. Ok....now do a little clean up. Put your potatoes in for 25 mins, but set the timer for 20. Sit and relax or set the table. Ding... your timer went off. Put the carrots in with the corn. 5 mins or less. Eat... clean fresh healthy.

Peace

Six is cooking now