FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Time for a cuppa

Crochet_queen
Community Member
just looking for people to chat with while I warm up with a cuppa.
Migraine pain is high today so need to unwind a bit.
I like to crochet, spin my own yarn and sometimes when my migraines let me do Diamond dot art.
Any other craft people around who want to chat?
15 Replies 15

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
bout to have a cup of coffee and toast. (can it get better than that)

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
True, so true!

Dear Rishie

I do hope this missive finds you in better spirits. I must say I was grateful to God for my eyesight as well as my daughter’s and grandchildren. I think you show remarkable courage and fortitude in the way you face life.
Since you enjoy knitting simple things, have you ever thought of knitting squares which can be made up into blankets? These blankets are sent by a charity overseas for the needy and also kept in Australia to be used by people who suffer through natural disasters like floods and fires. The squares can be dropped off at public libraries and Spotlight stores.
You could also try knitting one and a half squares on the diagonal to be used in hospitals for pouches for Angel Babies.
If you are interested in either of these endeavours, please let me know and I’ll provide patterns and/or simple but helpful instructions.
You were a blessing to me this long night.
Thank you

Regards

Grandmother

I like the friendship and calmness of this thread it feels like a warm cup of tea during the non stop rain.

Grandmother welcome to the forum and thanks for using your first post to help others. I like your ideas.
Does any like herbal tea or is that not considered real tea,

Dear Quirkywords

Thank you so much for the kind acknowledgment. I’m positively chuffed. It was the first time I’ve ever put pen to paper on the internet.
The only herbal tea I drink is Peppermint. I usually leave the bag in for the duration and also add a little milk and sugar. I know that sounds like sacrilege to most drinkers but I do find it helps settle my tummy and relieve nausea. I also eat candied ginger for the same purpose if I can’t make the tea.
You mentioned that you were interested in Wrap With Love and Angel Babies. Would you like instructions on how to knit a square? There are only 2 lines to the pattern. One to increase the stitches and the other to decrease basically. It’s repetitive and I find it very relaxing.
I will await your response with anticipation.
Thank you

Regards

Grandmother

Grandmother I think I have that pattern. I am not up to the standard of following a pattern .

I knit as a therapy . I admire people who can make neat squares and follow a pattern.

I am glad that you found this forum. If you want to when you feel like you can start or own thread.