FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The poetry corner - post your poems in here

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

This is a thread for sharing your creative works. 

Please bear in mind our community rules before submitting your work.  

This thread is located in the BB Social Zone, so the primary purpose here is entertainment.

We will not publish poems containing dark or disturbing content, including themes of suicide, self-harm, death, dying, abuse or other forms of trauma.

Thanks for your understanding. 

672 Replies 672

That's lovely, Tony. Your writing of the sweet/sad thoughts mixed with fond memories, so very kindly & lovingly expressed. Hold onto your memories, as these are the treasures of life with someone we love.

😸mmMekity

Guest_1584
Community Member

Just not to be

but long ago we suspect

saw many things

sadly all prove correct

to see of not to

l ask what use it be

when we go ahead anyway

knowing not meant to be

l wonder which be worse

being blind or to see

when we don't listen anyway

knowing truths like me.

actually truths is of what they speak

with spears disguised

daggers and blades

disguised as their truths

well that's ok

l see straight through

you tell your truths

and l see you.

rx

Hi Randomx,

Let me see if I hear you: I think your poem is about people personally knowing & seeing, then publicly not admitting or talking about what they know? Hiding behind false expressions? Convincing themselves of the 'truths' as they have decided, but you know, & they know, & they know you know...? Publicly, it's like actors playing roles?

Did I hear you? Or maybe your words brought up thoughts of my own family?

mmMekitty

Guest_1584
Community Member

Hi mm.

Not family , although it certainly could be some. l suppose fake people , or a person. You see them, always have, but you try to give them the benefit of a doubt anyway, but they just prove you right every time.

Take care.

rx

Thank you, rx, I understand now. I have done some thinking about this, but maybe not enough. I don't tend to trust my instincts, because they have let me down.

I hope it doesn't upset you that I have read something into your poem, interpreting it from my own point of view. I am interested in what you want to say. It's one of those human things, that we tend to project ourselves into what we see & hear, whatever it is. Here I think it is more important to see what you want to say. Thanks again.

I enjoy how your words make me more reflective in response to them.

mmMekitty

Guest_1584
Community Member

Hi mm

And noooo, not at all. There's messages in many things we use, l suppose that's part of what things are for. Unfortunately mine have always been deadly accurate even back as a kid.

l wonder why though, it's usually the darker sides of life that are easier to express, ldk, or maybe that's just me. Hopefully there's lots of happy writing and souls here too eh.

Thanks anyway mm, rx

ChildHeart
Community Member

Hi all, I hope you don't mind me posting this here. It's a song, not a poem but I wrote it about my parents passing. I love many different genres of music but this one is done blues style. At least that's how it sounds in my head.

Days are much too long
The nights are gettin' longer
Time is all but passin' and I'm not gettin' any stronger

Oh you left me
You left me here out on my own
Even though I lost the fight
I still expect you to come home

Tell me what to do
As I know not what I've done
Tell me how to live in a world where I'm on the run

Oh you left me
Even though you lost the fight

Pain is all I know
A blur is all I can see
This big old empty space is gonna take its white out on me

Oh you left me
Even though we lost the fight

You vanished from me to be nevermore
And you didn't even use the front door

Hi Child@heart,

Thank you, so very much, for sharing your words, (only wish we could have the music too), so emotional, with your honest feelings - the sadness, loneliness, & even the feelings of betrayal. Although our circumstances are different, the emotions are not, & the emotional sense of your words has reached me deeply. Again, thank you.

❤️❤️mmMekitty

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback mmMekitty!

I think that's one of the things I love about music how it can be interpreted in so many ways much like a painting or other pieces of art. Some see the writer's and composer's vision and feel as they feel and others see it in a completely different light and yet it still speaks to them and to the heart.

Whatever your circumstances, I hope you are doing well at this time and taking care.

Oh yes, Child@heart. Those similar feelings were with me, being denied by everyone, including me, from my childhood. I'm now 60+ yryears old & have examined my feelings &the memories associated,& the new feelings arising with that work I've done, & with having done some more growing up as well, when different perspective become available to us.

I agree totally about how a writer's work can be & often is interpreted in the reader's mind, with the reader's own experience bringing the new meaning.

I think any creative outlet for your feelings & your story is a fine way to explore & express yourself.

I've made a Thread of some of my poems, & have put it in PTSD and Trauma, because Imay be too frank for other areas. It's called 'Poems by mmMekitty *TW*', which means it has a trigger warning. If you'd to like read mine, you are welcome. (Sorry, I don't know how to make links here.)

Warmly,

mmMekitty