FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Quotes that I like

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I couldn't think of a more creative name for this thread so I kept it simple. I love coming across quotes that make me feel good or make me think about a situation in a different light. I have a "little book of confidence" that I used to carry in my handbag for when i needed it and I have a few other little books with quotes that I reflect on now and then

I thought it would be good to share some and encourage others to do the same.

For starters I have:

If you want to know someone's mind, listen to their words. If you want to know their heart, watch their actions.

People are not addicted to alcohol or drugs, they are addicted to escaping reality.

cmf x

1,017 Replies 1,017

Moonstruck
Community Member

In order to get to the castle you gotta swim the moat.

“Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

'This rainy day is temporary'

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Perfectionism is a self destructive and addictive belief system that fuels this primary thought: If I look perfect, and do everything perfectly, I can avoid or minimize the painful feelings of shame, judgment, and blame.

Brené Brown

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

I am perfect just the way I am

-- me

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

“There is nothing more lonely or terrifying than feeling unheard.” —House of Cards

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

the way people treat you is a statement about who they are as a person. It is not a statement about you.

(not sure who this is said this first, but resonated with me on reading it.)

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right

Henry Ford

I am not what you think I am

You are what you think I am

(my favourite from Buddha. sums up every quote that came after)

TryAgain
Community Member

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~Plato