FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Quotes that I like

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I couldn't think of a more creative name for this thread so I kept it simple. I love coming across quotes that make me feel good or make me think about a situation in a different light. I have a "little book of confidence" that I used to carry in my handbag for when i needed it and I have a few other little books with quotes that I reflect on now and then

I thought it would be good to share some and encourage others to do the same.

For starters I have:

If you want to know someone's mind, listen to their words. If you want to know their heart, watch their actions.

People are not addicted to alcohol or drugs, they are addicted to escaping reality.

cmf x

1,019 Replies 1,019

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
Never ever forgot, even for one moment, how truly amazing you are

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

"It's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself."

-Colonel Sherman T. Potter, 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, U S Army Medical Services.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Never make a permanent decision because of a temporary emotion.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion
“Promise me you’ll always remember — you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Sometimes all you can do is smile. Move on with your day, hold back the tears, and pretend you're okay."

— Unknown

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Reminder for self ...

Don’t put off for tomorrow what you can do today because if you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow.
James A. Michener

I can't remember who said this but

'Everyday is a good day'

It isn't "Why are we here" but "What are we here?"

Alan Watts

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

"We are the clay and the potter"

HamSolo0, Bluevoices member