FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mother's Day 2015

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi everyone. Mother's Day can mean so many things to different people. I am wondering how you all think about Mother's Day?

Do you have a close relationship with your Mum, Nana, Grandma, Mother in law, Aunty or a lady in your life who is like a Mother to you?

If you are a Mum, how do you feel about that role in your life? If you have never been a Mum due to choice or circumstances, how does that make you feel?

For me, Mother's Day can be a sad and lonely time, and at the same time I can celebrate with my Mum and my Mother in law.

Am I a Mum? Yes and no. I have been pregnant 5 times but have no live children.

I have a Mum whom I try so hard to love and care for but who also has mental health issues so the relationship is often strained and hard to live with at times. It seems often that Mum is not aware of how much pain she causes people. But she is still my Mum.

So are you looking forward to Mother's Day or are you dreading it?

If it is the latter, then try to come up with things you can do now to ensure you do not feel too much sadness, regret, misery and pain on Mother's Day.

We will be catching up with my Mother in law this year and I will phone my Mum as she lives too far away for me to visit unless I stay over night. I will be thinking of my babies with lots of love and may mark the day with flowers for myself, or I may light some candles.

I will leave this for now and see what replies I receive.

Cheerio for now, from Mrs. Dools,   Lauren

102 Replies 102

Hi TMB,

I just looked at the date and realised it is almost the end of August! Where on earth did this month go!

For some reason I thought I had responded to your message but there is nothing here to indicate that!

I don't really know what I have been busy doing lately, but what ever it is, it has kept me away from the computer! This afternoon I spent 1 1/2 hours weeding, but it doesn't really look like I have made much of an impression on our little jungle!

The chooks joined me for a while which was cute. A couple of them were digging right where I was pulling up the weeds. Saves them the effort of digging themselves. Ha. Ha.

As I had no clients today I went to the movies to see "Last Cab to Darwin." Parts of the movie were really depressive! I suppose it ended on a few good notes! Our closest cinema is 30 kilometres away. For some reason it really stank in there today as well!

Our friends did come and visit on the weekend. They actually asked if we wanted a dog. The guys Mum has rapid advanced dementia and has a dog they can not look after so asked if we would like it. We said we would think about it for a while and maybe have the dog for a trail to see how it gets on with the cat!

Maybe we will get a cow and some pigs next. Ha. Ha.

I've just been looking up some Tafe courses to check out the cost of them. I'd like to change my employment and do something that is less physical for my back but don't really know what. Employment opportunities are limited in this region as well, so it would be ridiculous spending money on a course that I would not be able to use when the study is completed!

Do women have mid life crisis or is that just men? Ha. Ha. I'm just wondering what on earth I am going to do with the rest of my life!

Did you ever have any desire to do something different with your life? As a teenager I was going to join the Army and drive tanks, only to be told that then women were not allowed in the tanks. Not sure if it is still the same deal now.

I have a yearning to go over seas and work in an orphanage. Not sure how well that idea would go down with my husband. I guess there could be opportunities here in Australia to assist in out back communities. Something I might look into one day.

Hope you are keeping well. Cheers for now from Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Yes, the time sure does fly! The older one gets the quicker it goes...

After much consideration, I've decided to have a break from corresponding for a while so just letting you know in case you're wondering what's happened to me. lol.

I thank you and Beyond Blue very much for all your help and support over the last few months. It has helped me ENORMOUSLY!!! I am almost back to normal, whatever that is! Ha ha!

I wish you all the best with taming your black dog and the fine work you do on BB.

Until next time,

All the Best

from

TMB 

Hi TMB,

It is wonderful news that you are doing so well. Congratulations to you! Yes, there comes a time when you need to move on, so all the best to you.

I will miss our chats, and would like to thank you as well for all of your encouragement and communication.

Wishing you all the very best with what ever comes your way! May all your dreams come true!

Once again, thanks and congratulations for being able to make the most out of your life.

Cheerio from Lauren xxx