FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking for Friends!!

Janey42
Community Member
Depression can be very lonely! Is there anyone out there who will be my friend?
225 Replies 225

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

How are you doing?

It sounds really uncomfortable and painful. How are you feeling about more surgery in a couple of weeks?

Its a really hot day here too but with lots of strong wind. That is really good that your house stays cool inside. Here it is the opposite, it always gets really hot here.

I am doing ok I guess, things at home, school and just life, in general, just hasn't been great. The arguments between my parents have been quite large and the school has been great, I don't feel comfortable and safe there anymore. Have you been in a situation where you just don't know what is next for you and whether you have a future? I feel that way.

Thank you for being my friend and being here.

I hope you are doing well. I hope your surgery goes well. I am praying for your healing.

I am always your friend too,

Neerja

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Neerja I sorry things haven't been good at home or school.I know what you mean when you say you don't know what the future holds.I have felt that way many times and feel that way about my kids and don't where they are going to end up.When I was in year 12 I left half way through it as I couldn't cope anymore with the stuff happening at school.I ended up going to TAFE.I don't know if this is something you could do and do TAFE instead of school and do something you might enjoy.Its just a thought.
I am so use to surgeries now I am not to worried but I am a bit anxious as I don't have exact date yet for it and they are going send me private for it as it was to long of a wait in the public for it.
Take care,
Your friend,
Mark.

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

It is scary thinking about the future and whether there is a future. I wish things were different at home and at school.

I think you are right, I might find courses in TAFE. I don't like going to school, its always the same each day with teachers favouring students and the people there are rude too. It's like a race there, where no one knows where the finish line is.

You have had many surgeries. I am really glad you are not worried, I hope you find the exact date soon.

I am really glad that they are going to send you in private, so you don't have to wait a long time like last time. How are you feeling? Is it really painful?

I hope you and your family are doing well.

Your friend,

Neerja.

Hello everyone.

If anyone would like a friend to chat to or just someone to listen, I'm always here. Feel free to say hello to me anywhere on the forums, but as usual, there's no pressure.

Hi to everybody on this thread of course.

- Tayla.

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Tayla 🙂

Hey hello, hi,

How are you?

Hi Tayla

Hi JacintaMarie, how are you?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Neerja and hi to Tayla,It sounds like nothing much has changed since I was in school.Their use to be different groups.Their use to be a large group of kids who thought they were cool but looking back on them they were just silly. They use to sit near the tuck shop so when you walked pass them they would make fun of you so I hardly went there and tried avoid them.

My daughter wants to do an online course over the Christmas break to do with animal care.It was half price hopefully it still is.A course on something you like might be good for you.I found when I went to TAFE that it was so different to school and people seemed to act more mature there and not like them at school.

I should get a phone call from the hospital with a date hopefully this week or next week.I don' really have much faith in the surgery improving things for me.I am a little bit of pain mostly just discomfort.

THe weather forecast today is for a max of 29 when it' been in the high 30s the last few days.We got a little bit of thunder yesterday and the storm disappeared so no rain.

Take care,

Your friend,

Mark.

Hi Mark and everyone.

Best of luck with everything you mentioned.

- Tayla.