FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

In hospital geoff

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
Geoff in hospital trying to use my iPhone and login if and getting to BB is atrocious for me and even whatI type isn't correct so I am going to this phone away when I get out and CHirstopher hope I spelt it correct I a. Going to.be disappointed if I miss the bus in my area as I'm not even sure I will be of here. I. have tried the enlarger the screen but that's useless to me so all up I'm sore and frustrated and missing the site bugger it Geoff
79 Replies 79

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Geoff,

Hi. Hope you are okay! Just found your post on BB saying you were in hospital. I am thinking of you and wishing you well.

I totally understand the frustration when you can't get a phone or a computer to do what you want it to do! Hope you can get back to us to let us all know how you are.

Cheers, love, care and concern from Mrs. Dools

Pixie15
Community Member

Hi Geoff,

Sorry to hear your in hospital.

Hope whatever your suffering from you recover from quickly. 

The site will be missing you too. 

Grateful.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
thanks this little phone annoys the hel out of me I have had a hip replacement again and having no fun at all Geoff x

Dear Geoff

Sounds like you may be in hospital for a little while. Can someone get you a laptop for the duration? Just so that you do not get so frustrated you throw the phone out of the window.

I hope all is going well with you. Hospitals have their uses. Just think, no more of your own cooking for a while.  If you are like me that's a bonus.

We need you back here in working order, so calm the rage and concentrate on getting well.

Mary

Hi Geoff,

Hope you are well. Keep that bed pan handy. And dont chat up the nurses. Be good

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Geoff,

All the best with your recovery! Trying to borrow a lap top sounds like a great idea. Hope you can pull that one off!

Hope you are not in too much pain!

Cheers for now from Mrs. Dools

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi Geoff

Even though it sounds highly frustrating for you my friend, I am really pleased to hear from you.  Hopefully it’ll get sorted out soon for you – and the big issue here is your welfare and I hope like crazy that they’re dosing you up with adequate pain killers.  I’d imagine the operation aftermath from such a procedure might not be so pleasant.

Do you know how much longer you’ll be in hospital for?

Neil

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear All, thanks for your comments, I left hospital on 10/2 as my eldest son is looking after me until sunday 15/2 then my youngest son will take over for a week.

I've been through this before and know that I will feel better physically it's just getting there, and after 4 operations, if I need to have another one then hopefully you just go to your surgeon and he says walk through that machine and bingo you have a new hip, ha ha that will be the day, but it won't happen in my time.

A couple of days before I left I met a gentleman aged in his 70's who was also having a hip replacement, but within a few minutes we both clicked together, as he has depression, OCD and social anxiety.

But firstly he wanted to know the process of the operation and what happens afterwards, plus he wanted to see where the incision was and what it looked like, but was a bit taken back because it was about 30-35 cm long and I bruise easily, so there were bruises everywhere.

He was a lovely gentleman and rather shocked to find that someone knocking on his room door had everything that he was suffering from and felt a sudden relief that someone could understand exactly how he feels, just out of the blue, so what ever he said I had gone through myself and situations I told him he also has suffered from.

His GP is getting a bit long in the tooth, so I suggested a couple of ideas, but unfortunately he doesn't have a pc but his sons do, so I asked him if he wants to keep in contact for his sons to email me, plus I gave him my phone number.

I rang him yesterday to see how the op went and asked him to keep in contact with me, whether this happens is up to him, I really hope so, because he's a lovely little chap, but he feels as though he can't get anyone to understand what he is going through, plus his AD isn't working and can't connect with his psychiatrist, even after 3 or 4 years. Geoff.

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Geoff

Glad you are home and on the mend. As for your friend it just goes to show how wide spread this mental illness issue is.

Recently I attended a bbq at my car club and met a new member. Within about 10 minutes she'd told me she has depression (she doesnt know my MI history). I felt like saying to her "be reserved and dont spread that fact among some ehre because not only are you wasting your time, you'll be thought less off". That of course has been my experience but it is for her to find out. I'll be there to help her if she goes through the experience I went through.

Like I said....its so wide spread.

Cheers mate  Tony WK