FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hot Cross Buns: If They Made Them Every Day Would You Buy Them?

Denv12
Community Member

I love hot cross buns.Any morning starting breaky with a few hot cross buns and a cuppa seems to be a great thing.The problem is they are only made prior to and up until Easter then you got to wait a whole year to buy them again.Not happy Jan! I think what we need to do is find out how many people would gladly buy Hot Cross Buns if they were made daily. Now remember that fruits go out of season so at different times of year you might find that your fruit in hot cross buns wont be in season.Nothing wrong with a fruitless hot cross bun instead for the time being. I think we all need to talk about it and get the word out.Maybe the bakeries will take notice. That also goes for those Christmas puddings too.People love them.

So my question to everyone,If they made hot cross buns everyday,would you buy them?

So when you're sitting around talking to friend,family,etc ask them if hot cross buns (and Christmas puddings,etc) were made every day would they buy them.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Denv

Good topic! I do like them a lot but since I found out the major supermarkets bake and then freeze them prior to easter , I dont really want to. Baked fresh everyday....maybe...they are yummy but give me an apple turnover any day instead 🙂 Or something that aussies dont understand .....yet.....A Freshly baked Cherry Pie....Yummm

Cheers

Paul

I love hot cross buns. However I am glad they are only available at certain times. Firstly because it makes them seem more special. Secondly because of the carb content that I would never have realised until I had gestational diabetes.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hi Denv, I love them too, but after awhile we may get sick of eating them, no different than eating vegemite on a piece of cardboard toast. Geoff.