FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,100 Replies 2,100

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello ER, Croix & everyone.

Indeed, levitating walruses indeed. I'd like to see Yoda do that! [LRC ROTFLing]

Have you not had a close look at Croix's profile picture? I zoomed it very big to get a look at it, beccause at first, I didn't know what the bleep it was. I thought it was a some stylised, maybe ink drawing of a horse, with exaggerated proportions, notably the rear! Imagine my surprise when I finally saw what his picture actually is.

ER, have you thought to upload a profile picture here? 

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, I can see the walrus there in Croix’s pic. Though like you I had to look closely to realise I was looking at a walrus. Yes, I probably should upload a pic too - a stingray I imagine is best, and specifically an eagle ray even better. I’m a bit busy in the next couple of days but will look into it. 

I hope you have a lovely sleep tonight 😴 I’m off to wherever eagle rays sleep, I guess under a rock ledge in a nice sheltered bay.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

ER, no hurry, no pressure.

Although, I admit I'd like to see that someone is able to upload a picture, then change it & change it back again, because I've tried since the upgrade, & haven't been able to temprorarily change my profile picture.

I'd like to see how people represent themselves in their profile pictures.

Hugzies Croix ER & everyone

mmMekitty

Dear Eagle Ray...plenty of manta rays on Lady Elliot Island eco resort...fabulous place for you to go swimming, diving, snorkelling  and be in Manta Ray heaven.....{ not far from my region of Queensland)

Eagle Ray.....Croix does occasionally leave his Iceberg...like he does in Alice In Wonderland, he often goes for a walk along the beach with his mate The Carpenter.   "The time has come,the Walrus said, to speak of many things"......by the way, nice to meet you.....Moonstruck...

Hello mmMekitty and Croix.....don't know why but I can't turn off the "bold type"....oh goodness what next?  Mainly wanted to let Croix know that Yes I am doing another "big game"...thought it may be healing for me at this time...a bit of different focus other than the constant anxiety and worry about my son and his broken marriage he is going through.....things are so ugly  and seem to happen to the most beautiful people.    I can only come to the unfortunate conclusion that after reaching my mature...or old some would say....age, that there are far more ugly horrible bad cruel things in the world and this life,than beautiful ones!  Anyone have an explanation for that????.....cheers, Moonstruck

Hello dear mmMeKitty, Moonstruck, Croix and All

I will get to the profile pic soon and can let you know how I did it MK, in case it helps you with yours. Right now I’m not at home but sitting on a rock in a nice bushland setting. Quite an unusual thing for a stingray, I know. I think any passers by will get quite a surprise!

It’s nice to meet you too Moonstruck. I would love to swim with Manta Rays or at least see them. They are amazing creatures.

I relate to what you say about the ugly things of the world. I have always been an eternal optimist, but have recently started to realise I’ve tended to idealise the world and everything in it. I think I’m still an optimist, but I’m learning to see the not so pretty side of things, a bit the way a young animal learns to detect predators! I’m not that young myself - in the middle-aged category now, but it’s taken me till now to see some people and situations for what they actually are. I’m learning to maintain empathy for all people, while recognising that some people have hurtful behaviours that almost always stem from their own fears, unresolved emotions etc. I’m learning that it’s not my role to try and solve their emotional pain either, which I used to try and do (childhood conditioning).

But, yes, it’s a bit upsetting the way the world is at times. I think it’s a mirroring of things that are out of balance in society with a lack of well being within individuals.

I’m finding the best antidote seems to be to maintain a kind-heartedness to others and self, but that also includes protecting oneself and withdrawing from certain situations if they are unhealthy.

I’m sorry to hear about your son’s broken marriage and that must be hard to witness as a parent. I hope he can find some beautiful things to counter the ugly experiences, and you can too as a concerned parent. I think it helps to stay in touch with all the things you find healing and peaceful, which is somehow grounding and balancing against the crazy stuff in the world.

Speaking of which, having been still here a while, little wrens have come to investigate and hop about me 🙂 They are cute and curious 🥰

Big Hugzies to everyone 🤗

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Moon, ER, Croix, (who seems a little quiet - I don't think I can even hear a snore or snort or anything much other than gentle breathing ... I'm sitting right on top of hime, too)

Take all the time you want out there in the gorgeous bushland, ER. It sounds so lovely, I wish I was there with you. Goodness knows what an LRC would do at the sight of cute little wrens, so it's just as well I am not.

I know there is good in the world, but, it doesn't get the same amount of publicity as the horrid stuff does. We end up with a skewed & inaccurate view of what the world is like out there. Now the majority of people have this same skewed perspective, so are not as friendly as they might otherwise be, thinking, threats everywhere so protect yourself, keep to yourself, etc.

I feel I am in that mode of being in the world. Not sure how to change that so I can relax & feel safe & believe other people are more likely to be caring & considerate than it seems now.

I think it is a great idea, Moon, to get into your beloved activities.

Now, I'm curious about how to get to Lady Elliot Island... sounds lovely, but it may be too far or an entire day trip, maybe. Though, personally, I'm not sure about snorkelling or diving. or swimming where I can't touch the bottom. But it sounds so beautiful.

Hugzies to everyone (wrens too)

mmMekitty

Hi Moon,

Having my own trouble with the character count again even though I had a total of 2296, before, it would not post. So, her is the bit I have about using / not using bold text:

Do you know how to select all the test you have entered into the text field? If not, put your cursor at the beginning of the text & simultaneously pressing the (with fingers of your left hand) the lefthand Control & Shift keys, & (with your right finger), the Down Arrow key. Doing that you will select all the text, & your cursor will be at the end.  Release the keys.

Then you could use the 'B' for bold up at the top of the text field, or. simultaneously, the Control key & B on your keyboard. You can alternate between bold on or off.

I find it easier to finish a sentence &, if I want, go back & select the one word or phrase to bold  or italicise or underline, using the Control, Shift & Right or Left Arrow keys to select the word/s.

It's tedious bolding individual words or phrases, as I have done here. It also makes my text-to-speech reader stop reading when it encounters such changes in the font. [grrr LRC gets grumpy. even at the mere thought of it.]

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Snore, Snort, gerroff (cats sitting on me is bad for my Arnie image)