FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,100 Replies 2,100

Hi mmMekitty.....Lady Elliot is just a 25 minute flight from some points on the central/south east Qld coast  and yes you can swim there and touch the bottom.   Its very peaceful and they do day trips as well as longer overnight stays...whatever you like. The then Prince Charles met the Irwins over there when he was in Qld in 2018...it has won Eco Tourism awards.  Its symbol is the Manta Ray.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Croix,"Armie image"? Whasa Armie image? 

If it's something like those Beefeaters, you can bet there are often pigeons roosting on them, & where the public can't see, there's a cat on every fifth beefeater's back, up near between the shoulder blades. & they don't have an image problem. 

Oh, hang on, you wrote 'Arnie', as in lots of walnuts! Sorry, I'm not seeing that image of yourself in any danger from me sitting atop you.

Thanks Moon. I may well take a look into that! I've not gone anywhere very often, so it would be a challenge. I'd really want someone with me, like a support worker.

Hugzies 

I'll be back...

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Croix, 'Arnie image' - all the walnuts?

Thanks Moon. I'll look into that. I haven't been to many places around Australia. Now I'd like a support worker to accompany me. It does sound so good, beautiful & peaceful, I think I'd love it.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear All~

Do you think a CATamaran might be more appropriate? Some airlines can be trifle reluctant to transport cats. They seem to have this totally unreasonable idea cats cause chaos.

-C

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Total CATastrophy - us driving our bobCATs, CATterwalling & then later, there is the CATtle drive!

(Ha, my earlier post did turn up after all! Now you got that short post, because I didn't copy & find the little message offering me the opportunity to Load what I had written again. So I wrote that shorter post, because I was already forgetin what I'd said. .. I wonder what took so long for it to turn up?)

Hugzies everyone

mmMekitty

Moonstruck
Community Member

Hey Croix.....I know I took a long break from Forum..mainly because I kept getting lost on here....but you seemed to have changed...morphed into another person or creature.   talking about cats and Arnie images...where has my old friend the Noel Coward in his velvet dressing gown with his cigar by the fire, quoting Oscar Wilde to me and discussing lofty subjects as we take our customary "walk along the beach" at dusk?   Is he still there somewhere?   Are you well these days....I hope so.   I plan to post on my thread about "memories".....greetings from Moonstruck x

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

What can I say - mmMekitty is a bad influence so I'll blame her for any apparent change. Truth be told the old "Alistair Cookie" Croix is still there, with velvet smoking jacket, just like before

"The truth about the life of a walrus is not how he looks, but the legend which he creates around himself"

(Sorry OW)

I'll see if I can find you other thread

Croix

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Croix, Moon's other thread is in Long Term Support Over the Journey - but I can never think of the exact wording of the title. I spot Moon's picture, & there I find Moon.

Moon, in my albeit limited experience, walruses are very flexible & can take on many roles with aplomb.

Hmm, it may be a week ago already, when I saw 'The Color Purple' on SBS, with some audio description. I had read the book by Alice Walker back in the mid 1980's & it was very moving back then, & when I'd first saw the movie, too. Not many things moved me so much then. The other day though, I found the parts of the movie more moving than the earlier viewing. I was surprised to feel as deeply as I did.

The only problems are have with crying, any type of crying, is how messy crying is, & long it takes me to clear my nose after.

I have read what you wrote about memories, Moon, & am thinking about it.

It's getting late, so I am feeling the need to go & have a sleep - hopefully longer than 5,5 hours. 

goodnight all & may you have enjoyable dreams.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix....I knew it had to be some explanation...and the velvet smoking jacket was still there somewhere....My other thread is, rather ironically called   "I can't find the right place to post"...."Moonstruck" the movie was on TV yesterday.  I watched it all the way through as it was full of memories for me....of course it made me cry and compounded my loneliness and despair...

Hi Me Kitty.....it's called "I can't find the right place for me to post".  thanks for letting Croix know.   Re memories, I saw the movie Moonstruck on TV yesterday...its one of my favourites and all these years has made me feel terrific, signifying very happy times in my life...it's fabulous.  Yesterday I cried just about all the way through as the Memories intensified my loneliness, sadness, depression, hopelessness...the Memories made me feel much much worse.....so much for the advice "take comfort in your happy memories"....sorry, doesn't work...dreadful advice I reckon, at least for me......Hugs to you too....