FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,102 Replies 2,102

Hey Moonstruck,

Thanks for sharing what's going on for you here. We hope you don't mind us popping into Croix's thread while he's away - we just wanted to reach out and let you know that we are here to help, and you can reach out to us at modsupport@beyondblue.org.au anytime if you'd like to talk us through the challenges you're having. We'd love to look into it further with you and help make it easier for you. 

Thanks for persevering! We're glad to see you're managing to find your friends here, but we are sorry it's been hit and miss for you, hopefully we can work out a way to make it easier.

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Moon, hey Kitty and Croix when you return! 

You're doing SO WELL!! 

Navigating any new site can be so intimidating sometimes, so the fact you SHOWED UP is awesome! 

That's probably because YOU are awesome lol. 

Ahhh the ebbs and floes of life hey Moon? 
I'm trying to bounce back from so many things all coinciding at once, it got far too much for me tbh.... 
but we plug on don't we? 

I've only owned one ginger cat and we called him a funny name because my brother couldn't pronounce "ginger" at the time (being profoundly deaf). We called him "Dolby"... can't even remember why now. This was about 40y ago now. 
Funny we've only owned one because we've owned probably 50 cats in our lifetimes. 
Actually my brother NOW owns a ginger cat, they called her "Eartha" lol... she was left behind by neighbours then the RSPCA took her, so they went and rescued her. SO sweet! 
She's lost her tail, so has this stubby thing as a tail. She loves Ecomama cuddles lol. 

Talk soon peeps, welcome back Croix when you get back!!! 
Love EMxxxx

Hi Moon, I'm so sorry I'm not able to spend much time on this site lately. Ebbs & flows, indeed. I feel the pull of the ebbs myself. I can't seem to get anywhere with wht I need to do for myself. I would rather not go into it here, but may get around to it on my own Discussion, "Introducing mmMekitty". You are most welcome there, but it does get rather heavy sometimes. There are occasional *TW*s for people visiting my Discussion.

This site has been problematic for me, too. Last night I was trying to post a long post, but definitely under 2500 characters (+ spaces) with no emojis to complicate anything, & I ended up splitting it into two. I messed about with the editing & attempting to post & starting again, to split the post into two & took almost an hour doing that.

I had a try at seeing if I could understand what the differences with the desktop version & the phone version of this site is., & well, it was an education! I could not practically use the phone version, even with Voice Over. I still could not figure out what some of the problems I've heard mentioned were. I didn't get into every nook & corner either. It was really very difficult, as well as uncomfortable for me to look at the bright screen.

None of this comes easily to me. New systems, reorganised ways of achieveing the same thing, which need to be learned, & with my memory geting so bad, it's been so difficult. I end up figuring some ways I will use, but not get into everywhere as I once did. I feel my BB horizons are very limited to well-trodden tracks. & then some things have upset me lately, & I go wanting to pull back even more. Then other things I need to do take so much time, I do't even keep up with what I consider, my 'hello' to some people in some Discussions. When I make it back to their Discussins, I don't know what's been discussed - maybe for days, or several posts later. I can't keep up.

However, I find the contact, the strange sort of contact that we have here is so very important to me, so I don't say ....... 😼to this site, because I don't want to say ...... to any person here.

Yeah, my Mekity was a sweetheart, a funny, quirky, not so cuddly, but very purful sweetheart. I miss her, well, at least a few times a week & remember her with love & gratitude all the time.

EM, happy your brother has Eartha. Named for Eartha Kitt?

Hey, Croix, butt in anytime!

mmMekitty

Bit of name dropping to you mmMe kitty and ecomama....I met Eartha Kitt once..passing in a narrow corridor..in fact I had Rolf Harris on one side..Eartha on the other!  We all nodded hello and kept going. If you want to know what she looked like...well..she looked like a cat!   

Moon, 

I have found the new forum a challenge and am not posting as much but I keep trying and hoping it will be easier soon. 
You are an important part of Bb and your presence here is welcome as you are clever and honest.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon, mmMeK, Quirky and all,

I'm pleased to be back and to come straight across old friends.

I know you are all less than as enthused as you might be wiht hte way things work now, however the people -ie you and I, have not changed. Moon continues to talk about the various characters she has met, I remember them all and guess I first saw Ertha Kitt as a panelist in "Wat's My Line" which I think was late 50's.

My strongest impression of Rolph Harris was not the person himself, but the Goodie's take-off where they  were catching wild Rolf Harrises in the South African bush using a Landrover and pole, à la David Rabbitborough.

As I've been away I've not kept up wiht how you all are  (please tell me, I'd like to know) -or if hte character limit had been fixed - perhaps not.

Actually I've taken a few days longer than I intended, although I went away saying it was for part of my annual leave, which was true, in fact my health has been rather ordinary and I'm just getting to the stage where I've enough energy to post. Hopefully more responsive from now on.

I've not even inspected my igloo, in fact I hesitate to do so, with DB, Grandy , inebriated kiwis and all the rest of you lot I'll be lucky to find an ice-cube left.

Having caught up wiht the important folks:) I'll go and see what else needs doing.

'night

Croix (who knows his avatar is not restored yet -sigh)

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OoH .. big hugzies, Croix! 😹

I've kept your iceberg spinning, so now it has all rounded corners. 

& sitting here with everyone, I've warmed a puddle into your doorstep ... 

I just remember Eartha Kitt when she was in Batman, playing Cat Woman - that purrrrrfect voice! 😺Maybe she is why I like cats so much now?

Sadly, I have had problems with the character counter - even when I had no emojis, just the other day.

More hugzies anyone? 😺I have lots, & there may be mmMarshmallows too!

mmMekitty

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Croix, Quirky, mmMeKitty, Moon, ecomama and everyone….🤗..

Welcome back Dear Sir…Missed seeing your beautiful self around the forums…

Kind thoughts with prayers for your strength and energy to restore to 100%….

Grandy…♥️🦋

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Croix 

how are you are feeling a bit better, I always need a break after a break trying to get back into routines,. Please take care of yourself and your walrus family.

I remember that Rolf Harris skit on the goodies, so funny.

i once kissed Derek Nimmo backstage in London.  The younger readers will say Derek who.?

My partner has thousands of meeting celebrity stories from his days as a magazine photographer so I can never compete or don’t try in name dropping. 

still tired from posy covid , it has been 6 weeks and still have to push myself everyday. Looking fir the light!!!!

waves to everyone, and Aldo waiting for short term memory to return. 

Hi Quirky, or ought that be, 'Big Quirky", so as to not be confused with, 'lil quirky' ? 😺

I trust you are seeing your GP & are being monitored?

I suppose getting back into your usual routine may be difficult & something you will have to plug away at. One aspect at a time? Slowly?

The usual sthings recommended for good health:

*Lots of water

*A healthy diet

*Regular, useful sleep routine

*Exercise.

Same goes for all of us, no matter what is going on. It all sounds so simple, don't it? I wonder why it's so *****hard!?

But I'm trying, more than ever, Croix, & everyone, thinking any improvement can only help - not make things worse.

& now it's LUNCHTIME - & it's salad!

mmMekitty