FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Art and craft corner

Guest5643
Community Member

I would love to hear about peoples different art and craft projects they're up too. Be warned i do some weird projects😆.

This week i've been working on a diorama in an encased thing of a taxidermy pufferfish and baby snake, african grey tail feather and bird,rat,cat and rabbit skull.

The other thing ive been working on which is slow in progress due to supplies is a painting on my wall of a hyacinth macaw which ive only done the outline so far and green winged and blue and gold macaw tail feathers stuck on for the tail. I have a glassless frame around it on wall. I need to get more feathers to finish tail before ill paint the body.

Cheers lynne

25 Replies 25

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Lynne,

have just seen your thread.

I had a mum who was great at craft and I am not creative in that way.

I do like collage as a way of keeping bits and pieces and putting it on display.

Your craft piece sounds interesting and creative.

I like looking at craft books and think one day I will do that?

Quirky

Autumn77
Community Member

Hey Lynne,

I was just thinking what people do for hobbies.

For too many years I've been out of touch with my artistic side. Unfortunately my depression stops me. My second hobby was running.

I want to try again. I will try again. 😊

Hi autumn77.

When my depression was at its core i completely lost any interest in any creative things. As my depression started to gradualy get a bit better my creative side started flowing again. Your artistic side will come again good on you for trying i cant wait to hear what you get up 2😊.

Hi quirky. Your collages sound realy cool. The last time i did a collage was in school. I should do a collage thanks for the idea😀.

Cheers lynne

Hi guys!

I just thought I'd let you know, I got into scrapbooking for my house renos. So far I've gotten paint colour samples for the main bedroom. Thanks to this post, it got me motivated. Thanks Lynne. Xx

I'm pretty creative but haven't got motivation. I am currently crocheting a shawl for a colleague. She chose the pattern and the colours (grey, yellow, blue). Was going gung-ho until I started feeling ill. I need to get back into it as I told her it would be done by Christmas.

Hi sparrowhawk. Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Thats cool that your doing the shawl i bet it will look great when finished. Cheers lynne

Hi autumn 77.

Hows your scrapbooking and painting going along? Thankyou so much it made me smile hearing ive motivated someone, im not used to hearing that. Cheers lynne

Guest5643
Community Member
Hi all. Ive finished painting the macaw and have the extra feathers i have scarlet macaw tail feathers and more blue and gold tail feathers, i just have to trim them and stick them up then it'll be complete. Cheers lynne

Hi Lynne,

Great to hear you've almost completed you piece. My paint is still in my scrapbook. I've collected samples and stuck them together. I still don't know what to do. I love aqua, but I'm not sure how dark to go. I thought of a feature wall, but that's out dated. Anyway, I have time. Other things to do first. Like carpet and built in wardrobe. 😊

Pintrest has been a great help.