FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How can we improve the forums? Your suggestions and comments please

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, this thread is a running commentary for all members on things for improvements to the forums. This can be anything from how it looks, the categories, to moderation, community rules etc.

While we might not be able to implement everything straightaway, or keep everyone happy all of the time, we'd like to hear about what you think we can do better.

This is not a thread for discussing the moderation or editing of individual posts - if you have questions about this please contact the team offline via email modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

To avoid repeating suggestions already received, below are some results from our last user survey giving an indication of which new features people would like to see on the forums. This survey was answered by 1,597 users:

44% - Email notification when I have a reply on the forum
39% - Access to the forums via an app
27% - Ability to block seeing posts by specific users
25% - Ability to contact users privately
25% - Ability to use emoticons
25% - Ability to follow posts by specific users
24% - Ability to share links
23% - Forum posts visible only to registered users
22% - A profile, viewable by others users, where I can introduce myself
21% - Ability to quickly access all posts by a particular user
15% - Ability to tag users in a conversation
10% - Ability to share images
6% - Ability to share videos
17% - None of these

Update July 2022 - This discussion has now been closed. Please go to the updated version below to share feedback and follow our updates:

How can we improve the Forums?

957 Replies 957

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I managed to change my profile picture and I will see if I can change it in a few more days.

SapereAude
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Great job to Beyond Blue and all the moderators and contributors here.

I'd like to see a dedicated sub-forum to discussing mental health in the workplace specifically and how the Aussie workforce can better help support workers with mental health conditions.

Keep up the great work 🙂

Take care.

Hi SapereAude

what a kind and thoughtful post! You are spot on...the moderators and contributors make the forums a safe place for us to post. Having a subject header relating to discussing mental health in the workplace is a good idea that would benefit many members and readers of the forums...

I know Beyond Blue have been proactive where mental health and disability insurance is concerned

Nice1

Paul

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Just to let you know I can change my profile picture without problems now.Thank you for fixing it.Great job.

josh1245
Community Member
hey all I would like to make a suggestion to the forums that maybe we can add a forum where young people struggling with issues with parents and try to aim for family reuniting if it is safe.

michael9318
Community Member
Do we have a thread where people can make a post to just vent?

Hi Josh and Michael,

Josh...

You are always welcome to create a new thread on the topic of relationships with parents. It would be a good thread in the relationships section.

Perhaps specify in the title that you especially need young people's views?

Keep in mind threads on a general topic get more discussion if someone checks in when they feel able and tries to guide the thread to stay somewhat on topic. Absolutely anyone is welcome to give it a go.

Michael...

Usually if I need to vent on a topic but don't want to create a new thread I'll do a search for an existing thread that talks about the same topic. Usually I find one that I can relate to.

Replying to someone who feels the same helps me more. It feels good knowing I'm not alone.

But also it helps me to vent in a different way... I end up trying to think of ways to support the person and it helps me also.

I have a forum suggestion also...

I know email notifications when a reply is posted isn't possible with the current resources.

But I found myself considering first posts. People are much more likely to keep writing if someone replies within 24 hours. After that it's often too late to engage the person.

When I reply to a thread by a first poster that has been missed it would be helpful if BB could send a once off notification email to the member.

I wondered if notifications were strictly used for a member's first post only would this be possible without straining the moderation team?

The email could remind the member that it will be the only notification and say to check the my threads tab.

It would also help to add the link to their my thread's page so they know how to find it (often people don't) and have a shortcut they can return to.

Thanks to everyone at BB for all you do and the effort you're making during this corona chaos.

❤️ Nat

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Nat, I hear what your saying about getting a reply to new posts within 24 hours... your advice is really helpful

it can be dauting for new posters and that extra boost of reply within 24 hours of a first post makes sense to me

Thanks Sleepy21,

I know it's rehashing a common suggestion and resources are stretched badly anyway but I figured it was worth brainstorming anyway.

dunno1
Community Member
Takes way to long to do anything. Very confusing layout and very hard to find any connection.