FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How can we improve the forums? Your suggestions and comments please

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, this thread is a running commentary for all members on things for improvements to the forums. This can be anything from how it looks, the categories, to moderation, community rules etc.

While we might not be able to implement everything straightaway, or keep everyone happy all of the time, we'd like to hear about what you think we can do better.

This is not a thread for discussing the moderation or editing of individual posts - if you have questions about this please contact the team offline via email modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

To avoid repeating suggestions already received, below are some results from our last user survey giving an indication of which new features people would like to see on the forums. This survey was answered by 1,597 users:

44% - Email notification when I have a reply on the forum
39% - Access to the forums via an app
27% - Ability to block seeing posts by specific users
25% - Ability to contact users privately
25% - Ability to use emoticons
25% - Ability to follow posts by specific users
24% - Ability to share links
23% - Forum posts visible only to registered users
22% - A profile, viewable by others users, where I can introduce myself
21% - Ability to quickly access all posts by a particular user
15% - Ability to tag users in a conversation
10% - Ability to share images
6% - Ability to share videos
17% - None of these

Update July 2022 - This discussion has now been closed. Please go to the updated version below to share feedback and follow our updates:

How can we improve the Forums?

957 Replies 957

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Matchy, nothing has changed, perhaps you can try another browser and see how you go.

Geoff.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks Geoff I am just clicking on what I normally do but it's not taking me directly to the forums like it use to.I will try something different.

Hi Matchy69,

Nothing different is happening on my end either. What's changed for you and making it harder?

rt

Hi everyone

We are really excited to be launching our new Forums platform on Tuesday 5 July. The new platform will allow this community to continue to provide support to each other while we make a range of improvements along the way.

An important element of this will be the introduction of notifications via your profile as well as e-mail if you would like to use it. The look and feel of the Forums have also been significantly updated.

As we make the move from our current forums to the new one there will be a period of time where the forums will be ‘Read Only’ and you won’t be able to make new posts or reply. This will be from 9am Monday 4 July and we expect the Forums to be back up with full functionality by Tuesday afternoon.

We apologise for any distress this may cause. These works are important to ensuring that we provide the best possible experience for you while using the Forums into the future.

If you need support while the Forums are not available, the Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24 hours/7 days a week on 1300 22 4636, via webchat or email at www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support.
​In the instance of emergency, immediate risk of harm to self or others please go to your local emergency department or phone 000.

Thank you for your understanding as we continue to improve the Forums experience for you. 

Kind regards

Sophie M

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

😺Great idea, Sophie_M, to post this notice in multiple threads.

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

😺Bumping up to remind people!

Hope the transition goes smoothly.

Warmly,

mmMekitty

Good to hear the forums will finally be seeing their new incarnation, Sophie. Fingers crossed the transition goes smoothly, and I hope there is something in place to notify forum members who do not follow this thread that they will be unable to post on here for that period. I should also like to raise my concern re the Beyond Blue webchat service you have referred people to while the forums are down, as I have found it consistently failing to function for many months. You and I spoke about it when I initially observed the problem, but on every subsequent time I've checked it since then, it remains non-functioning.

Blue.

I was sent an email about these changes the other day so I am sure most people have been notified.