FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Work stress

Tigermoth
Community Member

I am working at a telecommunications company and am being pressured to sell things as well

as being monitored to ensure I spend  most of the calls with customers forcing them to buy things. I now how insomnia, chest pains, headaches, depression and anxiety. I also gave increasing pain in my legs and feet from peripheral neuropathy. I have pleaded with them to allow me to go to an administrative role but they said they couldn’t do that. Another worker had to go on sick leave last week as he said he felt so pressured he felt like he had no control over his life and was on a skateboard which was going over a cliff. That is three people in our team in 12 months who have had to leave due to mental

health issues. Any ideas how I can get some peace? I have already reduced my hours but the pressure is getting worse 

1 Reply 1

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Tigermoth,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums,

I worked many years in telemarketing, ringing random people from the phone book then from the election roles....it was for me very stressful especially from the abuse I received over the phone…It’s a really hard and stressful job, I lasted about a year but I remember when I was doing this job, I had heart palpitations, headaches, shaking hands just about every-time I rang some one….My only pay was commission, if I didn’t sell I got no pay, not sure if it’s the same for you…

Is finding another job in another company an option for you?..

I wish I knew about this when I was doing telemarketing, sleep stories…I listen to them when I’m in bed ready to sleep, they take my mind of the day’s activities and work…I concentrate fully on the gentle voice reading the peaceful stories and soon drift off to sleep…maybe you could give them a try and see if it helps with your insomnia..

Can I ask you did you select your profile name from the Tigermoth aircraft…if so do you have an interest in airplanes…I do 2 of my favourites are the Spitfire and P51D Mustang….oops sorry I went of track a bit..but just wanted to ask you..

My kindest thoughts Dear Tigermoth,

Grandy..