FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Work anxiety

Shirokuma
Community Member

The past week I’ve been feeling very anxious from work. I’ve recently been given a written warning due to some avoidable errors I made in my admin tasks. I’m getting a review at the end of this week and despite my best efforts to try and improve, it doesn’t feel like enough for my employer to want to keep me.

as someone who is supporting an unemployed mum alone, paying all the bills and sacing for a trip in a few months, this has put a huge weight in my stomach.

I’m constantly losing my appetite, finding difficulty sleeping and running short on breath.

I don’t what to do and it feels like there’s no one who can make things better.

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,

Welcome to beyond blue.

Is your anxiety with work something recent or has it been going on for some time? But the symptoms you mentioned near the end of your post might indicate you check with your GP. Have you considered this at all?

In relation to the written warning and upcoming review there is little you can do about this? I know this will likely be contributing to your anxiety. But there is one thing that you should remember... In this space at beyond blue you are not alone. Many of the users here have anxiety, depression or both. And we each have different distraction and coping tools. As much as this sounds like a cliche, there is hope.

In the last sentence you said that you did not know what to do... By coming here is a good start. You can try to beat it on your own, which is a valid option. But if it gets difficult, know that professional help is also available if you need it.

Hope some of this helps. And if you want to chat some more, I will be around.

tim