FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Will I ever feel ok?

Bearifly
Community Member

My anxiety started when the never ending pressure of my job got too much. The feeling of being tense, of feeling sick, shortness of breath is awful. From that job I have felt I'm not good enough and everything I do is wrong and that I feel that I would let people down.

When I have an attack sometimes I feel spacey, like light headed and I lose concentration. My face feels red hot.

Now though I have more good days than bad. If a problem pops up I tend to talk it out with the person involved or just some one in general. A weight seems to lift off my shoulders even if it is for a while.

I take everything day by day, but it seems to be there hiding in the back. One day I will shake it off.

Thanks

Bear

3 Replies 3

The_Real_David_Charles
Community Member

Dear Bear,

Great outlook.  I guess when pressure builds slowly your coping mechanisms balance it all out.  But go too far and something snaps.  It's interesting that you can "talk it out" with the problem person as I think most of us would hide or avoid that person and create a sort of emotional war zone.

Probably need more talking in life.

Adios, David.

Thanks David,

It has taken a long time for me to actually address any issues with anyone. I am close to my family and I found it hard to even talk to them. There are 2 quotes that I have learned to go by - The only person who can make you truly happy, is yourself - and - always face your fears.

The second one was and is so very difficult. I still don't like to go out to parties and interact socially much, but I can address work issues and family issues.

Cheers, Bear

Dear Bear,

Good quotes.  Sometimes before social occasions I have a nap and then feel I am refreshed enough to get through it.

In a light hearted vein I think I blame GST.     Before we just had problems but now we have problems plus 10% GST.  It's like the government are trying to kill us.

Adios, David.