FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Social anxiety

Tan93
Community Member

Hi guys,

I am a 24 yr old male. I have severe case of social anxiety and tend to hide from people.all the time. It has and is affecting my life in a bad way. I can't converse to people in a meaningful manner and sometimes just have awkward conversations. Guys I need help. It is really bad and is causing depression as well.

2 Replies 2

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I was in the same boat only at a younger age I started to learn Social Ballroom Danceing localy also went and joined A bush walking club which put me in situations where I had something in common with the people around me. Still socially behind but not as bad. Now I have skills people need not all know about but at this point I am just beyond caring Kanga

baet123
Community Member

Hi Tan93,

You are really brave for posting and I commend you for providing us with us with an insight into your life.

I am 25 and from 18-24 I suffered severe depression and social anxiety and I was in the same situation as you so I hope I can provide you with things that helped me improve my quality of life.

Have you or are you seeing a health professional? I recommend you go to your GP and discuss some options (medication, refer you to a psychiatrist or psychologist and maybe a mental health plan). The professionals will provide you with more detailed information but they really helped me get better.

I think it's great that you are willing to share your situation with us and being as open as you feel comfortable being is really great and goes a long way towards improving your situation.

Lastly, find a professional you click with and one your comfortable with and cares for you. That is super important and was a huge factor in my health improving.

Stay positive mate. It will get better. Feel free to post as much or as little as you want. We will be here for you mate.

All the best.

Baet123