FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Physical pain makes me think I will have a heart attack

Chris1979
Community Member
I used to be a heavy drinker till about 3 years ago. Had a break down, went to hospital, thought I have a heart attack but they couldn’t find anything wrong. Changed my life a round to work less, relax more, be more healthy and look after #1 more. It certainly changed a lot in my life but the trauma of going to hospital stuck with me. And ever since then that thought of having a heart attack stuck with me. Sometimes I’m really good for month, other times anxiety is just raging inside my body. On days like today, having shoulder and arm pin from a muscle tear it just sets my anxiety off. Only been back to hospital 3 weeks ago ( 3rd time in 3 years) and they tell me I’m all good.
Anyone else is dealing with that or having details of a good counsellor or therapist? Thanks heaps
2 Replies 2

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chris1979

Welcome to the forums and good on you for having the courage to post too!

I understand what you are going through as chronic anxiety symptoms can sometimes give us palpitations and a rapid heartbeat. This can be very common with anxiety

Just from my own experience with anxiety....Counsellors and therapists are very helpful yet seeing a good GP on regular basis can work wonders for our anxiety as they have a better understanding of mental health nowadays compared to when my anxiety started in 1983

The frequency of our visits is important to having some peace of mind. Every four weeks is ok....every two weeks is better. Can I ask if your anxiety interferes with your day to day well being?

The forums are a safe and non judgmental place for you to post Chris1979. There are many gentle people that can be here for you

any questions are always welcome

we are listening

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks heaps for the reply. I will have a chat with my GP and see what he says. Not sure on how that will if I don’t come for a valid reason. Anxiety used to have more impact on my life previously. It also comes in phases. I just struggle with my thoughts about the anxiety. The fortune telling and worst case scenario predictions. That are never true.

Just feel lately to go on some medication to get a break for a while.

thanks Again

Chris