FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

phobias

Cimmaron
Community Member
Anyone have similar phobias to me out there? I feel a bit alone though friends and family are good to me they don't really understand. 1. Fear of bushfire on my property. 2. Fear of going over bridges and in tunnels. 3. Fear of going to shopping centres and the movies as there might be a fire and I can't get out. Fear of being on the road as have been in several accidents. Fear of going into banks and takeaway places because of robberies. And also the common ones like fear of flying and ekevators. There are probably a few more but that's enough for now. I know these fears are irrational but can't stop the fear. Am getting help by just feel like I'm getting nowhere at the moment.
1 Reply 1

Suet suet
Community Member

Cimmaron,

it seems that you have quite a few phobias. I too have a constant fear of dolls (any type of dolls) especially the ones with rolling eyes. Not sure how I developed this phobia but i started realising this when i was about 6. I am still scared of it and I can’t stand and look straight in front of a doll for over 2 mins. So pretty much I am trying every effort to avoid dolls. i understand how frustrating you feel as you can’t control it.

psychologists can help overcome some phobias with a variety of evidence based therapies available. I have been seeing a psychologist but it’s focusing on depression at the moment. So my next step will be to address this phobia.

I guess you can consider seeing a psychologist to address your phobia issues!

Life should be easier once you have overcome those phobias!