FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Overrwhlemed

Bee40
Community Member

Hi all . Today I feel overwhelmed and upset . My finance is overwhelming me as a single mum . My jobs been making feel stressed as I work in childcare n a child atm is kicking trying to bite n swear at me n other staff. Cause of this my pateience is wearing think at work and at home with my kids . I’m trying to call Centrelink but just call them I feel I will be yelled at for telling of late change of address and be fined n then I will be back to feeling like a weak mum unorganized 

2 Replies 2

Bee40
Community Member

See I came across as a drama person hey 

Not at all!

Sometimes it is necessary to consider a response to avoid adding to your distress...

I'm sure you know the expression of 'having all your eggs in one basket' - hard to discern the good from the bad, and an awful lot to carry around all day.

So to lighten your load, have several baskets and deal with only one at a time:

• One for the cranky kid at work (and the 'work basket' stays at work)
  • One for the fiancé's needs to examine or postpone until you are ready (and you can acknowledge this as 'pending' so he doesn't feel overlooked)
  • and One for Centrelink placed way back on the shelf (since expecting any sympathy would be a bridge too far...)

Then you can be yourself to love your kids and family without the cross contamination of life's stresses. And while in this state of Nirvana you can begin to prepare yourself for whatever basket you choose with a clearer mindset - perhaps even Centrelink...