FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

ocd uti fear

m2468
Community Member

feel super silly talking about this but i’ve had ocd for most of my life and only recently has my brain been fixated on having a fully empty bladder?? i go to the toilet all the time cause i have this fear that i’m gonna get a uti if there’s anything left and no matter how long i sit on the toilet for i still feel like i haven’t passed everything so it’s on my mind pretty much 24/7 and i always feel like i need to go?? it’s really frustrating me and i don’t know what i can do to take my mind off it.

1 Reply 1

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear M2468~

Welcome here to the Forum, a good move as you can look around and see how others have coped wiht the various ways OCD changes a person's thinking. With that idea you have at the moment it must be very inconvenient, interrupting your life, and leavng you  without a resolution.

I guess it is not something that responds to logical reassurance, where one looks at the  incidence of OTIs and the likelihood of your getting one.

Of souse, if you have not already done so, I'd suggest seeing oyur GP in an extended consultation and explaining what has been happening to you. It may be possible to have therapy from someone who specializes in this condition. (My apologies if you are already doing this)

May I ask if you have had other similar matters in the past where the brain is never satisfied? If so do you remember how you were able to overcome them?

Although it may seem a hard subject to talk about do you have anyone to give you  personal support, even if only to listen and care? It can make things easier

Croix