FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to Anxiety...New to BeyondBlueForums

MissKitty1301
Community Member
Hey y'all.

So I've got an appointment to see my Dr on Monday next week about anxiety - I have suffered from depression for most of my adult life, and been medicated for about half of that time (I'm almost 40 and was diagnosed at 21). Today, I just seem to not be able to get out of my own way. I don't want to change out of my pyjamas. I can't see the positive in anything. My partner lives 14,500km away (he's in the US, and I'm in Australia) and he's "seen" my good morning message, but hasn't replied (not even a "Hey babe, just out with friends, will call you when I get home" or whatever he's doing!), my best friend of 21 years collapsed Tuesday morning on her way to work with a perforated bowel, and had to have emergency surgery Tuesday afternoon, and I only found out late last night (Wednesday!) and is in a hospital 200km away and I'm broke! My other best friend, has been in hospital since late last night (only found out about an hour ago!) with pneumonia and she's about 300 km away. I can't go anywhere because I'm broke, and the one thing that MIGHT fix all my problems, is a job interview from a company in Brisbane that is looking for full time staff and suggested that they might want me to start Monday morning - hasn't called back, and I've lost their number! I feel like I'm bugging people by messaging them... and I should be as happy as freaking Larry! I'm about to go on a 5 week holiday that I've been saving up for, for months!!!!!

Rationally - I know that this is just a rough patch, and it will pass - but I've spent 95% of this morning silently crying and keeping to myself so as not to be a burden to other people or feel like I'm bugging them by talking to them. I just can't kick myself out of this funk, and it's happening more and more often 😞
1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi MissKitty1301,

welcome to beyond blue.

It sounds like there is a lot going on in your life at the moment with your friends being in hospital, and your partner away. And thinking about where you left the number of the company. I have different head and heart responses. Logically I am like you.... Yeah, I will get over this. But cannot stop my heart and mind from thinking over thing and making you feel bad or worse than you like.

You might want to have a look at the threads on the forum here on grounding and mindfulness; you did not mention whether you were getting any professional help on your post. Not that it matter too much.

Tim

PS. I would contact that company in Brisbane. If nothing else, it shows them that you are keen about the position offered. Fingers crossed.