FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety and it’s demons

Eliseee
Community Member

I have never posted anything on one of these websites or visited a psychologist, opening up actually scares me but here it goes.

Basically I come to terms with have anxiety a year ago, I started taking meds and it helped for a while but now it’s not so much I’m afraid to go outside my comfort zone I’m more so agitated all the time. I can be in an excellent mindset and feel agitated, fidget a lot and I feel scared. I don’t understand what’s wrong with me, if it’s the medication playing up or if something else is going on mentally. It’s starting to become a little overwhelming and I’m reaching out to see if anyone can relate or help me with some advice. I don’t want to feel this way anymore, I can’t even drink alcohol because I’ll have a panic attack when nothing is even wrong. Has anyone experienced this?

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

So, as I read it, you have sort medical advice over your condition and been prescribed medication a year ago. Did your GP also follow up with relaxation therapy, counseling and so forth? Some times they do but usually only if you return a number of times without improvement.

Anxiety is a serious condition, more so than people realise. It can lead to other serious issues. So now is the best time to follow up on your GP visits and explain your latest symptoms.

Fear from insecurity is a common development and I've had that. Hermitising is also something I've endured. Therapy helped me enormously because my therapist pinpointed the real issues. Otherwise, it's second guessing and wasting valuable time as your symptoms worsen.

In the meantime plenty of sleep and limit alcohol to very small amounts in a social setting only is my suggestion. Furthermore please google the following and read just the first post of each-

Beyondblue topic anxiety, how I eliminated it

Beyondblue topic want to be a hermit?

Beyondblue topic , he helped me for 25 years, maharaji

Beyondblue topic triggers that down you, triggers that lift you

I hope they help you. This site is anonymous, even so it takes courage to post so I'm pleased you are brave enough to do so. Recovery as I mention in my posts take some work, but in the end, however long it takes, you'll look back free from the symptoms and enjoy life again so well done and hope to hear from you soon.

Repost anytime.

TonyWK

coal
Community Member

hello I love your title anxiety and its demons, and you are right it is a blinking horror show.

my anxiety had one paticular cruel prank that prevented me from functioning this went on for to many years because I hid the minor abnormality cause I was scared.

finding a GP who will work with you is good and your smart to stay of the grog.

I deep breath alot and That Does Lower Anxiety, Plz try deep breathing and keep breathing.

Things always do eventually improve so just keep going.