FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

new, remote mum with anxiety

Fazza
Community Member

Hi,

I live in remote WA and have limited access to services. I manage and live on a remote property and am a mum of a 13 month old who I adore. I had to go back to work when my baby was 6 months and I've struggled with leaving him for work which impacts my general anxiety. My dad has just been diagnosed with cancer and only has a couple of years which I am struggling with balancing a very busy and high responsibility job, living remote, missing my baby and being away from my dad at this time. I'm looking for support counselling or help that might be available to assist me through this hard time as I'm getting overwhelmed and struggling with sleep (more than just a new mum is!).

1 Reply 1

kned
Community Member

Hi,

It sounds like you are going through a lot at the moment! Would it be worth you seeing a psychologist or counsellor so you have someone safe you can chat to about how you feel? I am not sure if there is an option of video calling a therapist since you live remote?

I know myself, when things get stressful and there is a lot going on, that my anxiety really goes haywire!

How many days are you working? Would you be able to reduce your days down so you can spend more time with your little boy? As a fellow mum, I can completely understand the yearning to be with your children. I have found working a maximum of 3 days/week has made a good balance.

It may also be worth taking some time off regularly to go and see your dad. If that is not possible, maybe look into video calling him regularly so you can check in with him regularly.You happiness and health is so so important so it is great that you have reached out for support. Hopefully others on these forums can provide some support too.