FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New parent anxiety

Jackson1994
Community Member

We found out a little while ago that my partner and I are expecting our first baby later this year. How exciting right?? We’re getting to that time now we can tell people, also fun and exciting but also really daunting.

I’ve had generalised anxiety for quite a while now, been getting it under control the last little while but this pregnancy is definitely bringing a spike, quite a bit. Anyone have any experience in how to cope with this, it’s different anxiety to what I’m used to if that makes sense....

Its super super exciting, but also super super scary 😬

Had a scan today actually, I just couldn’t believe what I was looking at, a real human being, OUR human being, and he/she was not a total blob like I expected, like

mind = blown. It actually looked like a baby, I did not go in thinking that’s what I would see.

Still can’t beleive it.

23 Replies 23

Hi Jackson,

Congratulations and my best wishes for you, your little one and partner. Exciting times ahead!

I too have a baby on the way, due in about 4 weeks time.

I also have GAD, which I too have mostly under control apart from a few spikes here and there, most recently this week! Trying to get it back under control though, in time for the little ones arrival.

Sounds like your doing well, which is great to hear.

All the best!

Thank you - it’s a very exciting but nerve wracking and scary time isn’t it

Been in a very nice little love bubble that is newborn cuddles the past almost week and finally, we are all home, the three of us (or four, if you count the dog). It feels like meeting this little person has been that puzzle piece and filled a gap in my heart I didn’t even know existed.

So in saying that, jacko is checking out, at least for the time being. Enjoy.

✌🏼

Nurse_Jenn
Community Member

Hi there Jackson1994,

Congratulations!!! I wish you and your new family the very best on your return home with you new bubbas. It is such an exciting time and as a new mum myself, I think back to the newborn days with a great sense of emotion. It is quite overwhelming the power of becoming a parent.

Enjoy this special time,

Nurse Jenn