FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Moving out of parents house

Heisenberg_1432
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to all this and honestly in desperate need of advice.A few weeks ago I got a job offer to work in the country to continue and finish off and my training. I was super excited for this opportunity as I had to wait until next year for spots to reopen and for me to apply, so this way I essentially saved about 6 months.

I am now starting to regret the application for the job.

Overall my past experience with everything in general have not been too good. Since high school all the way to University, work and now, I have been facing non-stop difficult situation, from trouble with close friends that had dire consequences on our relationship and the my schooling life, which led me to study a course I was not happy with just to keep my parents happy. All of the past 6 years have been a constant struggle, with each year bringing a different flavor of misery with it. Each of these experiences have left dire marks, affecting my overall outlook on things, my confidence and self-esteem. I am constantly cynical and in the dumps so to speak, to the point where any bad thoughts or experiences lead to bad hours of pure anxiety and stress.

Luckily despite all this, my parents have been super super supportive to me throughout the bad days that I would go through. Supporting me, talking to me, having a shoulder and an ear to cry on and to, to the point where after having a rough day the thought of seeing them and having tea or dinner would make it all go away.

With this new job, I am forced to relocate to the country side where I will work. I am petrified of the idea of not having the support and the family around at the end of a long day, and not having anyone to fall back on. I have never felt this anxious before and it's affecting my wellbeing alot, to the point where I hope the days leading to the move would not end so I can spend more time surrounded by the close ones.

If any of you guys have any advice of how to deal with this, and how to overcome this, and face it. My biggest fear with this move, is that I might get home sick to the point where I would resign and go back home.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but if anyone has thoughts or opinions to share about this post I would greatly appreciate it 🙂

Thanks

1 Reply 1

jess334
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Heisenberg,

Welcome to the forums.

Firstly, congratulations on getting the job!

My mum was (and still is) the person I always go to for support. I have suffered from anxiety and depression since I was 15. So I understand being scared to move away from that supportive person.

I actually moved to another country when I was 20. It terrified me! But my mum and I emailed daily and Skyped when we could. Even though she wasn't there in person, she still supported me and helped me through stuff.

Do you see a psychologist or councillor about your anxiety? Therapy can really help you cope with anxiety.

You can get reduced cost sessions if you have a medicare card. Just see your doctor and ask to complete a mental health plan. You might need to book a longer session as it can take a while to complete.

Good luck with the move,

Jess