FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need help working out whats wrong

poipoi
Community Member

Hi,

Since 5 days ago, i started to feel an uneasiness inside me. It started when I felt a numb/tingling sensation in the top left side of my head on Friday 2/8/19. I didn't think much about it but felt it the next day (Saturday 3/8/19) too, so I did what I i shouldn't have done and googled the symptoms and the first thing that came up was early signs of MS (multiple sclerosis). I remember when I read that my entire body felt shivers and a sudden rush of blood go through it. The tingling/numbness settled by night but when I was in bed I felt it again around the ears too.

By Sunday 4/8/19 most of the symptoms had settled but an uneasiness kept lingering in me.

On Monday 5/8/19 morning when I got to work, that uneasiness had worsened and I felt a what I think is anxiousness. This worsened throughout the day and I felt alot of nervous energy coming out of me. I also noticed my appetite was reduced and my brain was foggy.
I saw a GP that afternoon as I was worried about these new sensations who told me I was stressed and ordered some blood tests for my fatigue.

Tues 6/8/19 - again felt very overwhelmed, sad, teary, nauseous and less appetite. Also fatigued and tired.

Wed 7/8/19 - similar to the day before, started to get the tingling above the left eye again but only for an hour or so. Still feeling fatigued despite 9hours of sleep on average most nights and no trouble sleeping. Today I also started to feel a hot burning sensation in my left shin which started around lunch and no more by night time. I noticed my heart rate too despite just sitting at rest.
I saw another GP that night who gave me medication - I didn't think I needed it as I was sleeping really well but took it that night.

Thurs 8/8/19 - woke up uneasy and all throughout the morning. Got to work at 12pm today and had a strong panick/anxious semi breakdown to my colleagues. After that, symptoms settled.

Most nights I feel good, about 80% better as I am with my wife and I have spoken to her about this. I have spoken to my colleagues and friends about this too. I have never felt this sensation or feeling before so I am worried and not sure 1. what I am experiencing, 2. why it came on suddenly and 3. how to deal with it. I feel this is affecting my life in all aspects.

I am 35, and in a very exciting stage of life with a new house, baby coming in Dec, my business is going well, and im completing post-graduate studies too.

10 Replies 10

Avo
Community Member

Hi Poipoi

from my own experiences this all sounds like classic anxiety. I particularly get the ‘uneasy’ feeling. It is always worse in the mornings for me but night time is much much better so I can relate to that. And yes it came on very suddenly for me following a stomach bug but I’m sure was a mass stress build up.

it took me a long time to educate myself about anxiety but once I did it helped a lot.

Perhaps a visit to the GP is the first step for a referral to a psych or counsellor.

you will be ok.