FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking for a wingman

greenlabrador23
Community Member

I'm going through so far what has been a really rough year for me. I've been able to hold it together thus far but I don't know how much i have left in me to go on.I already feel so isolated and alone as my friends are in a different city. All i want is someone to talk to as it's been very long since i've had buddy to talk things through.

I read about a wingman, and it doesn't actually provides a form for me to fill out to get in contact with someone so i thought i ask here in this forum.

1 Reply 1

SammyB
Community Member

Hi Greenlabrador23,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue online community. Apologies for no one getting back to you sooner. I can understand how lonely it can be with having no one around to talk about what you have been going through. You have come to the right place. There are many incredible people here who are open to hearing your story and offer whatever support they can.

Can I clarify that you are referring to the ‘The Wingmen’ page on the Beyond Blue website?

From what I understand, ‘The Wingmen’ is a resource hub for gay men to increase understanding of anxiety, depression and suicide risk including what support options are available.

Beyond Blue does offer a list of LGBTI specific services on the Helpful Contacts and Websites page in the LGBTI section of their website https://www.beyondblue.org.au/who-does-it-affect/lesbian-gay-bi-trans-and-intersex-lgbti-people/helpful-contacts-and-websites

QLife (1800 184 527 – available from 3pm to midnight nation-wide) is a great resource that offers counselling and referral services for LGBTI people.

Would be great to hear how you are going!